Twenty

I was released the following day; the hospital staff could scarcely believe how I had healed so quickly. Doctor Powell however, merely gave me a knowing look. I didn't trust him. But he soon slipped from my mind, as did the death threat I'd received during my short hospital stay as the days went by.

Life had become rather peaceful, considering all the events that had transpired. Chara stayed with me and Asriel stayed in the guest bedroom at Toriel and Asgore's house. Tori has been notably happier since her long-lost children are back. That's understandable, considering they were both dead once upon a time. But now it was like they were never gone in the first place. Much to my surprise, even Sans was warming up to Chara some.

And when I thought things couldn't be better, human-monster relations improved vastly; more and more people were becoming accepting of monster kind. Policies had even been instated that ensure beginning next school year, monsters will be able to attend human schools and universities. It's a slow process, but we're getting there.

Around a month or so after my hospital release, Toriel declared school was out for the summer and I had officially graduated high school. Though to Asriel and Chara's dismay, they would be beginning school again come September.

"It won't be so bad, Chara," I signed.

Chara crossed her arms and huffed.

"Easy for you to say. You're already done with school."

I laughed with a small grimace.

"Not quite. I still must attend college if I'm to continue being the ambassador for monsters. I'm turning eighteen soon, so for me to maintain my position, I need to earn a degree in international relations."

Chara looked at me, dumbfounded.

"That sounds like a lot of work,"

I rolled my eyes, sighing.

"That's only the beginning," with a shrug I signed, "But hey, at least you get to go to public school."

It was Chara's turn to roll her eyes.

"Oh, goody. Public school."

I had clearly touched a sore spot. One I knew all too well myself.

"It won't be so bad," I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Azzie will be there, and so will Toriel."

She cocked her head at me.

"Right. I had forgotten Mom was going to be there."

"Yup. Building Dreemurr Academy has always been her dream. And it's finally become a reality. You know—"

"GIRLS!"

A familiar voice belonging to a certain skeleton boomed through the door, cutting me off.

"IT IS TIME TO LEAVE FOR THE PARTY. IT WON'T DO TO HAVE THE HONOURED GUEST BE LATE!"

"We're coming Papyrus," Chara replied.

We looked at each other and gave knowing smiles. Grabbing our purses, we headed out of my room to be greeted by Papyrus.

"FRISK, CHARA, YOU LOOK LOVELY. I AM CERTAIN TORIEL WOULD APPROVE."

"What, are you the fashion police?" Chara laughed.

"No," A voice floated down the hall followed by a tall, stylish robot. "That would be my job."

"Mettaton!" I signed, smiling.

"Frisk, darling! It is so good to see you again."

"What about me?" Chara pouted.