Four

A/N: Please don't be afraid to comment. I would love feedback! Frisk did a lot of talking last time we saw her. I'm sure that shocked Sans to the bone. xD Anyways, don't expect that too often. :P
~~

My voice was hoarse and I felt drained. But I needed to get school work done. I was barely into my first lesson for the day when I heard a knock on my door.

"Frisk," Toriel's voice sounded from the other side. "I'm coming in."

I sighed, putting my pencil down as Toriel opened the door. She had a concerned look on her face.

"My child, are you okay? We heard a lot of muffled yelling. Was that you?" She paused then looked away. "When Sans came back he seemed... Off. What happened between you two?"

I looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Hopefully," I signed, "I cleared some things up with him. That's all."

Toriel said nothing for a few moments. Would she accept what I told her? It wasn't much of an explanation. Rather, not the explanation she was hoping for. But she didn't press the issue.

"All right, my child. If you don't want to say any more, I understand. I'll let you get back to your school work." Toriel hugged me tightly before leaving. I hated to leave her out of things like this, but what happened earlier was private. Something that will stay only between me and Sans.

Right after Toriel left, I went straight to work. I used school to forget all my problems for a little while. However, all things must come to an end. I was tempted to begin working on the following Monday's lessons, then decided against it. I'd locked myself in my study for over five hours. I also needed sustenance. Besides that, Toriel would fillet me if I stayed up here all day.

I pulled out my phone to check the time. It was a little past one. As if on cue, my stomach grumbled. A bacon cheese burger and some fries sounded really good right about now. I left my study and went downstairs. Toriel was on the couch knitting. She looked up as I came in.

"I'm going to Grilby's, okay?" I signed to her. Toriel smiled. She showed no signs of being bothered by the incident from earlier.

"Of course, my child. When will you be back?"

I thought for a moment. I didn't plan to come back right away after I ate. I wanted to visit Alphys. Maybe watch some anime with her.

"I'll be back before dinner, so around seven or six."

"All right. Be safe!"

I blew her a kiss before grabbing my car keys. My car was nothing special. It was a silver stick shift Jetta. I got it for around a grand. The price wasn't too bad. The car was in pretty good shape. Though the clutch stalls every now and then. I got into my car, started it, then backed out of the drive way. Grilby's was about a ten-minute drive from my house. It was one of the hotspots in town.

When Grilby move his bar up to the surface, humans started frequenting the place. It caused quite a controversy with the anti-monster groups out there. Though not as much as monsters coming back to the surface did. However, after a while things quieted down. Grilby's is now some kind of neutral ground, politically speaking anyways. There are a lot of places that have instated a no monster policy. As the ambassador for the monsters, I'm fighting against this discrimination. Progress is slow, but we're getting there. As of now, we're doing pretty good since monsters can become citizens. Well, in most countries.

Soon enough, I pulled into Grilby's parking lot. I was lucky to even find a spot. Grilby's was packed today. No surprise there, it being Friday and all. I made my way to the bar's entrance. The bouncer, Lesser Dog, waved me on through. I pet him on the head before heading in. I laughed as he started shaking excitedly. That brought back memories from our fight. I did not know a dog's neck could stretch as far as his did.

I shut the door behind me, then surveyed the entire bar. Humans and monsters were conversing peacefully. That's the way it should be everywhere... One day, I thought. I headed over to the bar table and sat in my usual seat. The chair to my right was empty. That's odd. Sans is usually here every day. Maybe he didn't want to see me after what happened this morning. I heard someone clear their throat and I was snapped out of thoughts. When my eyes focused, I saw Grilby. I smiled at the fire elemental monster.

"Will you be having the usual?"

I nodded.

"I'll be back, Ms Frisk."

I made a face at him after he left to take care of my order. He's so formal! But I guess it fits his personality. A few moments later, Grilby came back with my bacon cheese burger. It looked like heaven in a burger. Before I dug in, I had one question for Grilbz.

"Have you seen Sans today?" I signed.

Grilby shook his head. If he had facial features, I swear he would be looking at me with an arched brow.

"Did something happen between the two of you?" He asked.

"nothin' of much importance."

I jumped as Sans materialized next to me.