Seven

A/N: As the ever protective mother, Toriel has forbidden Frisk to use certain words. Prepare to be amused by her substitutions. x'D
--

I flopped on my bed and sighed. Being grounded Shop Vac 2000's. Majorly. There is NOTHING to do. At least I'm only grounded for the weekend. Toriel was originally going to ground me for the entire next week, but Sans must've said something that swayed her decision seeing as she had come up to my room a little later to apologize.

I suppose I could start on next week's school work... But I don't wanna. I glanced at the clock. It read three twenty-four pm. I guess I can take a nap. Try to catch up on sleep... I hadn't gotten much the night before. Hopefully I won't be visited by another nightmare. Though that's probably asking too much. I flipped to my side and closed my eyes. My breathing slowed and after what seemed like an eternity, I fell asleep.

I was once again in that oh so familiar darkness. But something felt... Different. Suddenly, my soul was pulsing in front of me. I was entering a fight? Someone materialized before me. Green sweater with a yellow stripe. Brown hair. Red eyes. Gleaming knife. Chara.

"We meet again, partner."

"What do you want? Why are you here?" I asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

Chara cocked her head to the side. She smirked.

"Guess."

"To kill me," I stated. That wasn't a question. It was written in her eyes what she planned to do.

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!"

Chara giggled. Then without warning, she came at me. I narrowly dodged her attack, feeling the air her knife slash had created. Four options appeared before me.

FIGHT | ACT | ITEM | MERCY

I hit the ACT button.

"Why are you doing this?" I cried out.

"I need your body to kill everyone."

I made an exasperated sound while dodging her next attack.

"Still?! What do you have to gain from that?"

"My happy ending."

Chara's eyes gleamed with fervor. She truly believed that annihilating the whole world would bring her happiness. I needed to prove her wrong.

"That's not going to give you your happy ending!"

I cried out in pain as Chara's knife made a cut on my upper arm. Didn't dodge quickly enough.

"How would you know?"

Her eyes took on a dangerous glint. I shook my head. I knew it what she wanted more than anything.

"Because killing everybody is not the way to bring him back and you know it!"

Chara stiffened, her eyes filling with rage.

"How dare you!"

She lunged at me once more. I dodged just in time, her knife slicing through empty air.

"Ugh, stay still!"

I looked at her in disbelief. Did she really think I was just going to let myself die?

"Chara, stop this! Maybe we can figure something out. Find a way to bring him back!"

Chara's hand trembled, causing the knife to shake. I could see tears brimming in her eyes.

"Asriel is never coming back."

She gripped the handle of the knife more firmly. I took a step closer, holding my arms out.

"I'm sure there's a way. Maybe Alphys can help."

That just seemed to make Chara even more angry.

"There is nothing you or I can do!"

She threw her knife at me, which threw me off guard. Right before it impaled into my chest, everything went white. I could feel my left shoulder being shaken.

"My child, please wake up!"

I sat up slowly, blinking sleep out of my eyes. Was all of that real? When my eyes focused, I saw the frantic eyes of Toriel.

I yawned, signing hello. "What's up?" Toriel responded with pulling my hands in hers.

"I came in here and brought you a slice of pie. Then I saw you asleep, and you were so pale! You were breathing heavily. I thought something was wrong."

I slipped my fingers out of hers and looked up at her.

"No, nothing's wrong. I just feel like even more tired than before my nap." My hands felt sluggish as I moved them. She looked at me worriedly.

"Are you sure, my child?"

"Yes," I signed.

Toriel looked at me for a moment longer.

"Alright," She got up from my bed and headed to the bedroom door. "Your pie slice is on your desk, okay? Maybe that'll make you feel better."

I signed thank you to her, then she left. I swung my legs over the side of my bed used my arms for support to help push me off the bed. Pain shot up my right arm. Suddenly, I could feel a pulsing burning sensation and something wet and warm. I traced my left hand over the area. It came away a bright red. My eyes widened. It was real, I thought. I was so glad Toriel didn't see this. I hastily made my way to the bathroom. I took off my sweater and examined my cut in the mirror. It didn't look too bad, but darn, it hurt! I cleaned the cut and bandaged it up. I wasn't sure what to do with the sweater. There was a rip in it from where Chara slashed me and blood was all over the right sleeve. I'll just have to put it somewhere where Toriel won't find it.