|C H A P T E R 40|

So...

I have some news that might shake some of y'all.

But since some people who read this book commented on "What Started As Little" saying I left them hanging😂, I ain't gone surprise y'all no more. Imma just tell you straight up.

This book coming to an end soon 😔.

I know, some of y'all planning my death right now.

But don't kill me yet. I already said in one of my previous chapters there was gone be a sequel. So be on the lookout for that.

Anyway.

To the story!

Time Lapse!

—————–

8 days later...

I woke up the next morning, me and Trent's birthday. We had been celebrating all weekend, now it's finally here.

KaPri finally done stopped playing with Cameron, now them niggas together. She completely dissed that five day trial or whatever it was, then she just started playing games with him.

It was low-key funny as hell seeing Cameron stressed.

I got out of bed and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and do all my hygiene stuff.

After getting out of the shower, i just threw on some simple sweats and one of Trent's shirts (the one with his name on the back).

I went to my door to go downstairs, but as soon as I opened it, I was greeted by a back—Taj's back.

He was holding what looked like balloons and flowers.

"You want me to give em to her now?!" He yelled, I guess downstairs.

"Yes Taj damn! We send you to do one simple task, you can't even do that without keeping yo fucking mouth shut!" I heard Avery yell.

Shaking his head, he turned around and jumped, not knowing I was behind him.

"Oh shit! Oh, happy birthday Laya," He said, handing me the bouquet and balloons.

"Aw, thank you! Who are these from?" I asked, smiling, knowing it was Trent.

"Me."

I laughed. "Yeah right. Thanks anyway though."

"I did. What, you thought Trent got them for you?" He asked.

"Uh.. yeah," I said, slowly.

"Oh naw. That nigga ain't get you shit," he said quickly.

My face dropped.

"Stop playing."

"I'm so serious. He not even here," Taj said.

Scrunching my face, I pushed the flowers and the balloons towards him and pushed past him.

I walked down the stairs furiously, then into the kitchen.

"Where Trent?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

Everybody shrugged.

I tried so hard not to laugh seeing Sauce with a waffle hanging out of his mouth shrugging. He looked slow af 😂.

I sighed. "Well, Imma try calling him."

I took out my phone and dialed his number.

After four rings, it went straight to voicemail.

"Somebody else try calling him!" I yelled in frustration.

"Chill out, damn,"

Jock took out his phone and dialed Trent's number. After a couple seconds, he hung up.

"He won't answer me either," Jock shrugged.

I sighed and sat down on a barstool.

"Where could he be?"

I shrugged. "I really hope he not thotting. One, it's gone ruin my birthday. Two, Imma have to beat his ass on his birthday. Three, Imma have to beat that bitch ass on both our birthdays. Four, I'm not tryna catch a case on my birthday. Five, I'm not tryna find out my boyfriend cheating on my birthday."

"Wow, that's a lot of reasons," Ryan said, nodding.

Then the front door opened. "Happy Birthday Laya!" O.K. said, coming through the door with open arms.

"Thanks O.K., " I said, not really acknowledging him.

"What a wrong with bestfriend?" He asked.

"Trent not home and he ain't even called or texted nobody. Not even Laya," Avery said.

"He said we was spending our birthday together," I sniffed.

"Is she about to cry?" I heard Tori whisper.

"No, I'm just really upset," I lied.

I low-key was finna cry, but Ian want them to know that.

Then the front door opened.

"Please tell me that's Trent!" I said, covering my eyes.

No one said anything, just stayed silent.

"What? What's wrong?" I said, peeking out of my eyes.

No one still said anything so I completely uncovered my eyes.

I looked up and saw D, standing there with a bag in his hand.

—————————————————————————————–

Aye people's!

Just wanted to update even though this chapter is SHORT AF!!! but it'll be ight cause I'm doing this for yall!

My birthday is tomorrow! ♏

My weekend was lit, btw.

Spent it with my besties.

Anyway.

Good-deuces ✌