|C H A P T E R 35|

"Bruh, wtf was that?" KaPri whisper yelled.

"Bitch if I fucking knew I wouldn't be sitting my ass right here right now," Aysa said.

"It sounded like a clown," Jock said.

"No shit Sherlock."

"How tf they got in the building? They must be running up and down the hallway," I said.

"Man Taj done brought his fucking clown friends terrorizing people and shit!" O.K. said.

"Ian do that shit!" He yelled.

"Bruh, stfu! They gone know we in here!" Aysa whisper yelled again.

"You acting like they in the apartment with us," Cameron said.

"Okay? They in the building! Might as well be in the apartment!"

"All I know is I'm not bout to go down by no clown," Jock said, standing up. "Everybody follow me."

—————–

We followed him upstairs with two candles and our phones as he entered him, O.K., and Sauce's room.

He went in his closet.

"Flash the light," he said.

Aysa shined the light into the closet and he started rummaging around the bottom.

He stood up again with five metal bats; two in one hand, three in the other.

"Why are your hands so big you can carry multiple bats in your hand?" Aysa asked.

"You like it though," he said.

"Why do you even have so many bats?" I asked.

"I played a lot of sports when I was in school, that's how I got my nickname. I played baseball a hella lot though."

"Shit, fuck the talking. Gimme a bat," I said, snatching one.

"Chill," he said.

"Who else tryna get a bat?"

Everybody just started grabbing.

In the end, me, Aysa, Ryan, Ross, and Sauce had a bat.

"Man if y'all punk asses don't give the bats to the girls! We niggas, we fight with our hands!" Jock said.

The boys mumbled, then gave KaPri and Avery the bats.

"Ross?" Jock said.

"Huh?"

"Gimme that shit bro."

"Hell Naw nigga. I played baseball too! I'm sure to knock one of they fucking heads off!"

"Ight, be a bitch then."

We all walked back downstairs. Jock walked over to Trent and kicked him in his stomach.

"Bruh?! Who tf did that?! I swear to God imma lay yo ass out!" Trent said, jumping up out of his sleep.

"Get up nigga! It's clowns in the building!" Jock said.

"How they got in here?" Trent asked, scratching his head.

"Hell ion know. The only thing we know is we heard a clown laugh."

"Man that's somebody playing man," Trent said.

"Ion care. I'm still going to see, just in case I gotta lay a clown out again," Taj said.

Trent sighed. "Here y'all go with this bullshit. C'mon man."

We all–well, all of us who actually had our phone charged– shined our phone lights as we walked to the front door.