|C H A P T E R 18|

I walked downstairs where the rest of the boys were, now. They were either watching TV, looking through the fridge and pantry, or sitting on the barstools on their phones.

I paced back and forth across the living room, them looking over at me occasionally.

"Bruh will you chill out? I can't see!" Jock said.

"No! My parents don't know I live in an apartment full of boys! How are they gone react? How is my dad gone react?" I said.

"Bruh, it shouldn't be that serious. If you're okay, then no need to stress," O.K. said.

"It's different. If one of y'all was living with all girls, your parents really wouldn't care probably. Cause y'all boys. I'm a girl!"

"What's your point?" Ross asked, looking up slowly from his phone.

I just rolled my eyes.

"You know what, just never mind I even brought this up," I said, fanning them off.

Then the doorbell rang. I shrieked.

"Bruh," Trent said, holding his arms out in a 'Wtf?' manner.

"My bad," I said, going to the door. I looked through the peephole and sighed from relief.

"It's just Avery," I said.

"Oh," they said, and went back to what they were doing.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey bitch! They here yet?" Avery asked.

"Naw, not yet. Should be soon," I said, playing with my fingers.

"Girl why are you so nervous? Chill out!" She said.

"I told her the same thing," Jock said.

"Shut up," I said.

He just shook his head. Then the doorbell rang again. This time, all the boys stood up.

"Okay, if that's them, act normal," I said.

"Imma act normal. Tell yourself that," Cameron said.

"Why wouldn't I act normal around my own parents?" I asked.

He shrugged. I fanned him off and opened the door.

In walked my parents and Chris. I mugged him. He smirked.

"Hey, ma, hey daddy," I said, hugging them both.

"Hey baby," my mama said.

"Wassup Princess?" My daddy asked. He looked at my hat and pointed to it. "You done lost your mind right?"

"Suck it," i said, pointing to my cap.

He just shook his head and sighed. "This girl gone give me brain problems."

I laughed. Then everything was quiet. I looked at my parents and noticed they were looking at the boys. The boys were looking right back at them.

"Um, Alaya, where are your roommates? And why its so many boys here?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, answer this please," my dad said, stepping forward.

"Mama, daddy, I got something I need to tell you. These are my roommates."

They didn't really seem shocked. Their expressions were unreadable.

"Oh," my mama said.

"Haha," Chris said.

"Chris, you knew?" My daddy asked.

"Yeah. Just found out yesterday," he said, smirking.

My daddy slapped him in the back of the head hard af.