|C H A P T E R 9|

I started the hamburger meat and stirred it for a while. Then, I walked out of the kitchen to let it sit for a little bit.

All the boys was in the living room, Avery went home.

"When the food gone be done?" Taj asked, his head in his phone.

"A couple more hours," I lied. They all looked up at me.

"I'm playing, I'm playing!"

"Oh, I was finna say," Sauce said.

"You was finna say what? You not cooking," I said.

"But I like to be fed," he said. I smacked my teeth and rolled my eyes.

"Aye, Alaya check out these foam posites!" D said.

"Why I got to? Ask one of the boys," I said.

"They for girls though," he said. I groaned and walked over to him.

I leaned down so I could see the screen.

"Check it," he said. Those were the pink "Elephant Print" Nike Air foam posites. Me and Avery been looking at them for the longest.

"Bro! Me and Avery been looking at these forever!" I said

"Yeah, they dope," he said.

"Dope? Nigga these lit!" I said.

"Same thing," he said. "I can get them for you if you want."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Trent look over at us, but when I looked at him, he looked away.

"Naw, you don't gotta do that. I want them, but I'm not gone let you spend your money on me. Them things at least $200 something dollars," I said.

"Naw, you good. I can get them if you want them," he said.

"Naw, imma pass," I said, standing up.

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Ight."

I walked back into the kitchen to check on the meat. It was about done, so I decided to go ahead and start the pasta.

I put some water in the big pot, almost to the top. I put the water on the stove and let it boil before I put the pasta in there.

"Is the food almost done!" Sauce said.

"Yes, Sauce! It's almost done!" I said, looking back at him irritated.