Chp I: Meeting the Parents (Rin)

Hi, lovelies welcome to the one-shot book. I'm horrible at updating and still not the greatest at writing but I've made this book. This book will be very fluffy because it's difficult for me to write angst so have fun reading and I bid you all adieu. 

"It'll be great, parents love me usually," Rin spoke over the phone, trying to calm your nerves even slightly.

"Why don't I believe that?" You chuckled into the phone lying on your back. You and Rin have been dating for a year now. You both were college students, and his swimming career was beginning to take off. They even said he was going to the Olympics.

"Come on (Y/n), I've met other people's parents. Most of them loved me, the few that didn't I'm not friends with anymore." He laughed into the phone. He could feel your uneasiness over the phone. You laughed, running your hand through your (h/l) (h/c) hair. "We have always said, to be honest with each other. So even If they don't like me we'll run away together. Into the sunset." He swooned, showing how hopelessly romantic he tended to be with you.

"Oí Rin let's go!" A man shouted in the background.

"Shut up! I'm coming I'm coming!" Rin yelled back. "Sorry (Y/n) I'll see you later, love you so much!"

"Love you too!" You answered quickly before the line went silent. He was always so caught up in his swimming, but he still managed to make time for you. You smiled widely; he was too good for you.

"I got this." You spoke out loud as you got up off your bed. You had to clean the apartment you shared with Rin. On a typical day, it takes you forever to clean but today had to be different. Your parents would be coming over in about 5 hours. You needed to cook something decent and make your apartment as clean as it could get in 5 hours. Your parents had bought this apartment for you due to the college scholarship, making it completely free. You also had to give your dog (R/n) a bath, which could be challenging at times.

~~Your dog didn't want to get washed no matter what you did. You didn't want to hurt the poor animal. Instead of washing the dog, you decided instead to brush it and continue cleaning your apartment. You heard your apartment doorbell ring. Your parents weren't supposed to be at the apartment for at least 4 hours. They are decent enough to send you a warning text, which you haven't received.

Maybe it's Rin, although he wouldn't ring the doorbell. It could be a robber. Robbers don't ring doorbells. You needed to check who was at the door. You patted down your hair and clothes, trying to make yourself look put together. You didn't bother looking through the small peephole because it was no use. The doorbell was either just hit by someone walking by or someone pulling a prank.

You opened the door to see your familiar tall, brown-haired friend. "Sousuke-kun?" You opened the door wider using your hand to signal him to come in. As he entered the apartment, you shut the door and turned to him.

"Rin told me to come over because you seemed stressed." He spoke, strolling over to the couch and plopping down. Your dog ran up to him, greeting him warmly. He was much better with animals than humans.

"Okay well since you're here, and you're a great friend..." You smiled as wide as you could. "You should cook something for my parents, for when they come over."