Epilogue

Kendra

"Come on, Kendra, it's time to get up," I felt Theresa's hand press gently against my shoulder.

I rolled away from her, burying myself in the pillows with a groan.

"Elena will be here any minute and she will literally kill me if I don't have you up," Theresa complained, "Come on!"

"Fine," I grumbled and sat up, pushing back the silk sheets.

"Oh my goodness," She gasped when she saw my face.

I could only imagine what I looked like. I had cried most of the night for a list of different reasons: I was away from Derek, I was away from the Anthony and I was back in Marcus's bedroom. The combination of it all had wreaked havoc on my emotions.

"Oh, shut up," I grumbled getting out of bed and walking over to the crib that held Felix. I had convinced Derek and Elena to at least allow me to take Felix. They had wanted me to get a good night's rest "without worrying about the babies". I don't think they quite understood the fact that them not being near me only made me worry more.

Elena and Theresa had decided that we should stick to the traditional "the groom can't see the bride before the wedding" thing, so the night before my wedding to Derek I spent the night in Marcus's old bedroom. I demanded to bring Felix along because in all actuality he belonged here. With the vampires.

"You should just get into the shower," Theresa sighed, walking over and taking Felix. "I can take care of feeding Felix," she looked down at him in her arms, "Can't I?" She said in her baby voice and Felix gurgled grabbing at her shirt.

"Just be sure . . ."

"I know," She smiled down at him, cutting me off.

"Yeah, but he . . ."

"He has been finicky with the blood, so warm it up before feeding him . . . I know, Kendra," She sighed, smiling up at me. "Just get into the shower."

"Fine," I sighed rolling my eyes at her and then walking over and kissing Felix on the forehead. With one last lingering look at him, I turned and walked into the bathroom.

Once I got into the shower, I had to admit that the hot water was doing wonders for my body, It relaxed my tense muscles and helped my face feel not as swollen.

I had all kinds of reservations about the wedding, not that I didn't want to marry Derek . . . it just felt wrong without Marcus. He was supposed to be there, we did all this planning to make it work and now it just felt wrong to continue with it.

Elena and Theresa had explained to me that the whole community needed it. That we all needed to celebrate something after the losses we suffered. Elena was still severely upset over Tristan, and Derek wasn't doing too well with it either. The vampires had lost a lot of their people as well . . . Including their leader. That was something the wolves could understand because we had just recently mourned our leaders.

I understood where they were coming from, It was still hard for me to go through.

When I finally felt awake and clean, I stepped out of the shower and began to dry off. Just when I finished brushing my hair there was a knock on the bathroom door. I turned to answer it.

"Look who's here!" Elena sang Anthony in her arms.

"Oh, you brought him," I felt my face instantly light up as I took him from her arms, holding him to my chest. It had only been a month since I gave birth, but the boys grew at a slightly accelerated rate. They were already able to sit up, and crawl, it was really amazing. "Did you feed him this morning, or . . ."