Chapter 6: Bodyguard

Start bij het begin

*Flashback*

I got ready to go to bed and took a quick look outside my window to see if there were any spies outside, watching me. Nervous that I saw none, I closed my window and went to bed.

-

It was dark. Too dark to see anything. I roamed around trying to find any light. Instead, I heard a voice.

"Help me," It wailed.

My head whipped around to find the source.

"Riley! Help me!" It continued its screaming.

I've heard that voice before. Its so familiar, but I can't remember where I heard it...

"Help me! Please! Riley!"

My voice was shaky, "Wh-who are y-you?"

"Riley! Run! Quick! I'll distract them! Go get help!" The same voice echoed all around me. Then, it clicked.

Spencer.

My eyes widened as I started to scream for him, "Spencer! Spencer where are you?! Don't go! Don't leave me! Spencer!"

His voice faded to a whisper then, nothing.

Then, something appeared in front of me. I squinted to look at it closely. A silhouette. Judging from the figure, it was a man. A tall muscular man.

He walked to me, and as he got closer, I could see his face. He had messy dark brown hair and is built well. With broad shoulders, strong jaw, and big arms, he was terrifying. His eyes were an icy blue color that seemed to look into your soul. But what made me freeze is the scar about inch and a half long, running in a jagged line from the corner of his left eye to his cheekbone.

Ben.

He seem to have heard what I was thinking and looked at me sinisterly, smirked and faded away.

-

I woke up with a startled cry and saw that I was an hour earlier than what I'd usually wake up to. So I decided to lay there and stare at the ceiling thinking of my dream.

Ben is a gang leader. Spencer saved me from getting raped by him. If I hadn't screamed for help, Spencer wouldn't have heard. So spencer came to my rescue and told me to run. I did, but I never saw Spencer again. Yes, I have tried searching for him, but I've never been close to finding him.

Walking down the stairs, I thought about where Spencer could be. I have learned to ignore the pain of loneliness whenever I thought of him. But I have never gotten over the fact that he could still be out there, surviving on his own.

I went to the fruit basket in the kitchen and took an apple. Taking a bite out of it, making a crunch sound. I picked my bag up and walked out of the house, making sure to lock the door behind me.

When I stepped on the school ground, whispers and stares erupted everywhere. As I walked through, people were pointing fingers and whispering to one another.

How did I become the center of attention?

I looked around nervously, and quickly went into the school building. But it was worse. Everyone was looking at me. More stared and gossiped. I made my way to my locker, not making eye contact with anyone.

Suddenly, there was a loud laugh near my locker, my head snapped to the sound and I saw Brandon with his head tilted back, laughing heartily. I scanned his group and my eyes landed on Ashton who was smiling. At me.

I quickly looked away when the memories of yesterday came running through my head. I picked my books and headed for homeroom. Ashton didn't bother me in any of the classes, but I was still getting stares.