Chapter Eleven : An Antagonistic Desire

Start from the beginning

"Are you two done arguing?" Carmela halted me from my retort to my brother.

I leaned back on the chair and grabbed my orange juice. She looked at me then to Byo before she beamed brightly. "I want a cake. Please buy me a cake."

"Tweety, you have enough money to buy for yourself." My brother teased.

"And you have perfectly capable strong feet to walk to the counter." I added, murmuring on the ring of the bottle then chugged.

Carmela looked shocked, "You're teaming up with Byo now?"

I raised a brow, feigning innocence. "I'm just stating a fact."

She pouted before she stood up and stomp towards the counter. Byo chuckled at Carmela's retreating back while I looked down and shook my head.

I had successfully lasted another day of class with Hamasaki Aya.

Though I couldn't figure out why everything was as if nothing really happened. Like she hadn't seen an impossible event right before her eyes, yesterday - Like she hadn't seen my monster.

She was quiet. Somewhere deep in me, I was waiting and expecting a box of that thank you cake. But the class was already at its end and she still hadn't given me anything even a word.

"Group Four will clean the room today...." A girl announced in front of the class when the last teacher went out then she looked at me and almost like a mumble she said, "Ruki, you're in group four..."

Is she kidding me?

I wanted to raise my brow at her and asked if she was forgetting who I was, but I stopped myself and just nodded. A lot of students went out excitedly - Hamasaki Aya did too, until only five of us left.

"Ruki!" The spiky haired guy called and tossed a white cloth towards me. "You do the windows."

Hiding my irritation, I walked my way towards the wide sliding windows of the left wall and started wiping the shit out of it. We were in floor six, I could see different building from afar. Below us, there were a lot of students crowding the entrance of the school.

"You need water to clean it..."

I tilted my head back and saw the girl who were announcing earlier. She had a black long hair and expressive onyx eyes.

"Let me help you." She took the cloth from my hand and soaked it in the basin of water on one of the desks near us. Then she walked back and hand me the soaked cloth. "I'm Megumi by the way."

I nodded and went back in cleaning the damn windows. When I just had one side of window left to clean, I looked down and saw a familiar girl sitting down alone on the long cemented bench near the gate. The entrance was now deserted.

Was she waiting for someone? Who? And why?

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breathe and released it together with the cloth. I opened my eyes and finalized my decision.

"I'm done." I grabbed my bag and head out of the room, not looking back when Megumi called me.

I hurried my step towards my destination. I had to end it. My curiosity, anxiety and irritation didn't mix well in me and I had no idea how to deal with this but to put an end.

Stepping out of the building, I spotted her still seating on the bench. She was looking down the ground while her feet kept swaying back and forth.

One step. Two step. Three step. Four step. Five step.

There it was, the delicious scent that was also agonizing me.