Chapter 11

Will you ever love the same person until the day you die? Is there even a possibility of that? I'm not sure, but I want to believe it is possible. 

I first saw this girl during Freshman Night in our dorm. She was seated on the second row of the neatly arranged chairs designated for freshmen residents. She wore a girly blouse and denim matched with a brown Sperry top-sider. Her long hair was clipped at both sides. 

I noticed that she was somewhat uneasy, though. A first-timer for a party like this, I thought.

I danced with my roommate Andrew the whole night. I just love to dance. I don't care about the event itself. All I want is to enjoy the night out dancing.

After a few dances, I got myself a juice and I overheard some freshmen talking about her.

"Your roommate is sad, ha," Maan told Nica.

"Yep. It's not her thing. And it's her first time to be away from her family on a Saturday," Nica said.

"She's probably just nervous, you know, with all the residents around," Eden followed. 

Nica nodded and then returned to their seats again.

So that's why she looked uneasy.

Two days later, the Dorm Head, Mr. Beltran, called me out to ask for a 1x1 picture to be put in the Resident's File. When I came to the office, I saw the filled-out application forms of the freshmen scattered on his table. I searched for this girl and voila! Found her!

Ah, so her name is Didith Ramirez, room 1117. Wait, it's her birthday on July 14. What do you know? She has the same birthday as my dad.

I don't know but the first time I saw her I knew we would be friends. I mean, I had a feeling that we would get along well. She's not the girl-next-door type, though. She's simple and her long black hair with baby bangs fit her to a T. Even when she is not smiling, her eyes would give her away. What do you call that? Smiling eyes? Yes, she has eyes that seem like smiling without meaning to.

I may be curious about her but I didn't take the initiative to introduce myself as I'm not the friendly type of guy. I just found her - cute, so to say. 

But fate must have a different take on it. 

A month after Freshman Night, Tony introduced me to her.

"Ben, I want you to meet Didith," Tony said looking at her on one of the benches where she was seated.

"Hello, Didith."

"Hi," she answered shyly. She must have been surprised to be introduced to me.

"She's a freshman Agricultural Business student," Tony continued telling me about her course.

"Yeah, I heard," I smiled. "I also heard that it was your birthday a Saturday ago." I looked at her.

You should see the look on her face after I've said that!

"Really, Didith?" Tony asked, as surprised as her.

"Yes," she said.

Right there and then, I knew that we would hit it off.

________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading.

Enjoy!

Your comments/feedback are welcome.