Chapter 36

"Hello, Chelsea how are you?" The reporter asked. I smiled.

"I'm fine, Sarah thanks for asking." I said.

"That's good. I'm gonna ask you a few questions involving both you and Levi so feel free to answer as many as you would like." She said. I nodded and got ready for the question.

"So when did you first meet Levi?" She asked.

"We met when my mom and I attended their housewarming party. Their parents just had a house built across the street from our house over the summer. After meeting, we sort of just stuck together." I explained.

"How long have you know him exactly?"

"Well, when we met, I was eleven and he was twelve. I've known my best friend for ten plus years." I told her.

"Your best friend of how many years?" She asked.

"Fourteen, almost fifteen to be exact." I answered with a smile.

"Wow, that's a long time. So the chemistry just sort of fell into place?" The interviewer asked.

"You can say that. It came naturally. I mean, being around the same person for over ten years something was bound to happen." I told her.

"So high school life. How was it and how was Levi as a person?" She asked.

"High school was just high school. Of course with Levi being an athlete, he had to stay ahead of the game. He was a complex character. It's not that he didn't like school, he would just rather be somewhere else. There were many times when I had to stop him from trying to leave early. We did homework together and helped each other with each of our sports. Levi always had a go getter attitude. Whether it was in the classroom or on the field." I said.

"And you played softball, correct?"

"Yes, I did. From high school into college." I answered.

"When it did come time for graduation, was your choice easy?"

"It wasn't easy and it wasn't hard. It was either go here or there. With Levi having a full ride scholarship to the school of his choice and me having the same thing, it was a personal choice. You know, whether I should follow him or go on my own path. Eventually I did go on my own path." I told her.

"Did this choice affect your relationship with him?"

"It did. We went years without talking and just being friendly. Keeping in mind that we weren't together also. There were jealous girlfriends and other situations. We didn't become close until a few years later. After college I became an athletic trainer and started working for a company. I was transferred to the San Francisco Giants, where Levi and I reconnected." I explained.

"And you're currently the athletic trainer for the 49ers in San Fransisco, correct? How's that working out?" She asked.

"Yes, I am their trainer. It is working out just fine. It's a little different not seeing Levi constantly day after day though." I said with a small laugh. She chuckled.

"I understand that you two tied the knot recently." She said. I nodded and flashed my ring.

"Yes, we got married a year ago."

"And you now have a son, correct?" She asked.

"Yes, Matthew. He turned one two months ago." I told her.

"And very adorable. Does it get difficult whenever Levi is gone for away games and such?"

"Sometimes it does. I have to remember that he's only a phone call away. It gets pretty tough especially with us being new parents and all. I kind of wish that he could stay behind but I know that his job calls for him to be there." I said.