Chapter 13

Chapter 13

When I got home from my run I was already hot and bothered, sweat laced my skin and I was ready to jump into the shower. I saw Shannan engulfed in some papers, it was pretty odd seeing her sober for more than a day. I didn’t know if I should have been concerned about this, or if I should seem happy. Usually when she’s sober like this it has to be because of work, not for my personal needs or wants. All the same it was just strange, she had a pencil along her ear pushing her hair back. She was really focused on those papers.

My grey eyes skimmed over them curious, I didn’t really get to read it because she pushed all the papers together and lined them up against the table. She ran her hand through her hair and looked up at me surprised and smiled. “I have good news.”

I sat down on the chair and watched her, waiting for her to continue. “What’s up?”

Shannan put her hands together as her eyes seemed to sparkle. “Well, I just got a request from my boss to take a trip to California for two weeks so I can organize a wedding and a banquet. He said that if I do well then I might be able to move up.”

This really wasn’t a big surprise, I was kind of used to it. “That’s good, so you’ll be gone for two weeks. I’m fine with it, when are you leaving?”

She picked up her papers and stood. “I’m supposed to leave tomorrow but if you’re fine with it then I’ll leave tonight so I can get a good start on this.” It looked to me like she was really excited about this.

I smiled. “Well I hope everything goes your way, have fun. Now if you don’t mind I have to get things in order for tonight.” I stood up and walked to my room.

I jumped in the shower and relaxed. When I was out I wrapped the towel around myself tightly, it was then that I realized that I had no clue what I wanted to wear. I walked over to my stereo and plugged in my phone. After getting myself situated I walked to my closet. Opening it I looked around at the clothes that hung on the hangers, it looks like Shannan decided to go shopping for me. I hummed the song that was playing as I looked through the clothes that Shannan got me.

They were mostly sweaters and jeans, flats, wedges and boots. Along with new jewelry, she must have been in a good mood. I stood there for a moment thinking about the temperature outside then pulled out clothes according to that. A sweater, jeans, boots and a beanie, I got dressed and looked at myself in the mirror... I didn’t really like the color, I changed from red to black then finally to grey. I was satisfied with grey.

Finally I started doing my hair using the flat iron to curl it, I left my bangs straight then put on a little make up. I sat on the bed as I started to think about how tonight was going to go. Maybe I was thinking about it too much...

~~~~~~

Cole

Sliding on my leather jacket over my long sleeved white shirt I started to mess with my hair. I didn’t know if she liked it messy or neat... I’ll just go with messy I guess. I looked around my room thinking of what else I could wear... Do I need anything else? I ran my hand through my hair as I looked in the mirror... Oh yeah pants...