one

// hellloooo everyone! to start this off, let's answer some questions, shall we?
*ahem*

Mousedapple asked:
Did you have the fic planned out from beginning to end or did you ad-lib your way through it?

Answer:
I didn't have a exact plot to it while I was writing, it was mainly improv. The things I did have planned was Smokecloud's death and the whole ending to the book

BubblingSprings asked:
Is the new character related to Ambertuft?

Answer:
Yes, actually. Sandkit is Sorrelfire's daughter and is therefore Ambertuft's niece. (Her siblings are Smokekit and Rosekit)

@Warrior_at_Heart asked:
ARE SMOKECLOUD AND POPPYSNAP TOGETHER IN STARCLAN?!

Answer:
You'll see.

And on to the chapter, try to contain your fangirling ;3

-:-

one : starclan

   StarClan wasn't what Ambertuft thought it was going to be. There were strict rules in this apparent haven of safety and love. Most cats seemed happy, so maybe it was just Ambertuft missing her life. Poppysnap had wanted to become mates with Smokecloud, but the damn cat still hadn't asked him, claiming that she 'wasn't ready for a relationship'.

   The three ThornClan cats got deadly glares from some of the other cats. As if they thought the trio would lash out and murder them. Perhaps it was because there were barely any ThornClan cats here.

   Ambertuft sighed, she had hoped that she would be able to meet her mother or father. Lilystar had told her that her parents landed themselves in the Dark Forest, which scared Ambertuft just a bit. Could cats get banished into the forest? Little things like these made the black cat follow the rules and not dare break even a tiny one.

   Poppysnap was completely different. She was always sneaking out to who knows where and often disappearing in the middle of the day. This annoyed a bunch of cats, since now they had to do extra chores since Poppysnap was missing all the time.

   Smokecloud was that quiet, adorable cat that everyone loved. He was very outgoing, since no one judged him in StarClan and overall happy. Though, Ambertuft knew he wanted to be Poppysnap's mate. He enjoyed helping other cats and he always knew where Poppysnap was going, though he never told anyone, not even his sister.

   Ambertuft stared into one of the puddles near her den, and wished to watch over Sorrelfire. The puddle rippled and the cat appeared on the water, allowing Ambertuft to make sure she was okay.

Her sister was sleeping, Smokekit and Rosekit curled up beside her. Ambertuft frowned, didn't she have three kits? Where was Sandkit?

   "Sandkit." Ambertuft murmured, narrowing her eyes.

   The water rippled, but there was nothing there. Sandkit was out of StarClan's reach.

   And that leaves the question, where is she?

// happy halloween!!