What Lies Ahead

*See end of chapter for notes.*

The group were driving down a highway; weaving through a whole bunch of wrecked cars. The RV then comes to sudden stop, causing the cars behind it to stop as well.

"I said it." Dale says. "Didn't I say it? A thousand times. Dead in the water." He says, stepping out of the RV.

"Problem, Dale?" Shane asks, stepping out behind Dale.

"What's going on?" Piper asks, walking over from the SUV.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-- Okay, that was dumb." Dale says.

"Can't find a radiator hose here." Shane says.

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find." Daryl says.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." T-Dog says.

"Maybe some water." Carol says, as the rest of the group gathers around.

"Or food." Glenn says.

"How about clothes?" Paige asks.

"This is a graveyard." Lori says. "I don't know how I feel about this."

"I agree with them, we should search these cars and see what supplies we can find, so we can stock up for our trip to Fort Bennett." Prue says.

"All right, all right, here we go." T-Dog says.

"Come on, y'all." Shane says. "Just look around, gather what you can."

"You heard him, get to looking." Phoebe says.

Eveyone begins heading off in separate directions to search for supplies.

Paige walks over to a Chevy Impala. She looked in the inside and saw the corpses of two men in the front seats and a revolver between them. Paige opens the door and tries to reach across, unfortunately not reaching it. She then hovers across the corpse in the driver seat and grabs the gun. Paige pulls back, only to pull the man's corpse with her. She falls to the ground and lets out a small scream as the man's corpse hovers abover her. She pushed him back in and closed the door. Paige runs back to the group with her treasure.

"Where did you find that?" Piper asks.

"In that Impala over there and its only missing two bullets." Paige says.

"Nice find, now go give it to Dale." Shane says, walking over after eavesdropping.

"But, I want to keep this." Paige says. "I want to learn how to shoot."

"Fine I'll teach how to shoot that gun when the time comes, but the less guns we have floating around camp, the better. One wrong shot and we could have a bunch them lined up. Best we let Dale keep all the guns accounted for." Shane says.

"Okay, but this is my gun though." Paige says.

"That's fine. Just give it to Dale so he can hold on to it." Shane says.

"Okay then." Paige says and walks away to find Dale.

Lori walks past a car with a corspe in the passenger seat, she keeps walking with Carol and Phoebe behind her.

"Kids, don't look." Carol says.

"Lori was right. This is a graveyard." Phoebe says, frowning

Carol and Phoebe begin looking through the trunk of a car. Carol is holding a red shirt up to her torso. Phoebe holds a pair of maroon colored pants up to her lower body. They look up and see Lori staring at them with a grim expression on her face.