Chapter 6: Battle on the Tower

{Your P.O.V}

I never did get the chance to explore Paris other than Marinette taking me around. This was letting me sight-see all I wanted. Swinging through the air like this made me feel so free. I couldn't stay for long unfortunately, I have a city to protect.

I could see Ladybug and Chat Noir in the distance now. They must be going towards the Eiffel Tower. I flung my whip to the farthest building I could and launched into the air. I did a front flip in the air and landed next to my partners. Since when could I do a flip like that?!

"Glad you could join us m'lady!"

"Hello again Chat!"

He quickly and gentle took my hand and kissed the back of it. It caused a red blush to spread across my cheeks. I stuttered a bit, not knowing what to say.

"A-hm r-right. So what's the plan?"

"If we want to save them all then we go to the source. That one."

The three of us all turned to look at the biggest Stoneheart of them all. He stood on the middle section of the tower, yelling out.

Helicopters swarmed around him, but all they were doing was making him angry. Other stone being were surrounding him from below, trapping the soldiers. The mayor was hanging back with other police forces, and he had a microphone in hand.

"I demand my daughters safe return!"

"Daddy!"

"You know what?! You're welcome to her!"

Then he threw Chloe. She glided in the air all while screaming. Everything seemed to go into slow motion for me. My feet started moving, running as fast as I could. I used the stair handle for leverage to get into the air.

I caught her. I slid slightly against the ground, but Chloe was in my grasp. She was safe and that's what mattered.

"I didn't promise."

"What?"

I returned Chloe back to her father, and then rejoined Ladybug and Chat. They were waiting in front in front of the commanding police officer. Chat put his hand on my shoulder and nodded his head with a smile. It caused another blush. Really?!

"We're clear to attack."

I panicked and turned towards the chief and held out my hands. I couldn't let him do that! It won't help anything, and Ivan still has Myléne up there with him!

"Wait! No, don't attack them! You know it'll only make it worse!"

"I have a new plan, unlike you. Move aside and let the pros do their thing. You've already failed once."

I couldn't help it. I flinched. I didn't expect words like that could hurt so much. I...did fail. If I'd only remembered we had to capture the akuma, we wouldn't be in this mess.

"He's right you know. If I'd done enough for Ladybug to capture the akuma the first time around none of this would have happened. Why is this so much harder than I thought it would be. Maybe I'm not the right one for this after all."