Chapter 3: Crash Course In Stone

{Your P.O.V.}

It didn't take Marinette and I long to figure out that we were going to the same school together. We had met up again the day before school started and that's when we found out. At least I'd have one friend at this school.

Now Marinette and I were meeting up at her house to walk to school together. She had also mentioned that she be bringing a baked goods for the class. Score.

The first day of school didn't sound as bad as it was really going to turn out to be. Most people would be terrified of the first day at a new school, but it's just kinda 'eh' for me. The 'standing in front of the class and saying my name routine' never really bothered me.

"Marinette! Come on! We're going to be late for school!"

I started rocking back and forth on my feet. Finally, the bakery door opened and Marinette came running out. She latched on to my arm and we ran to the crosswalk. We had to wait before we could start going across to the other side.

Both Marinette and I saw it at the same time. The old man walking down the crosswalk, wearing a red tourist jacket, and he was using a cane to lean on. The old man was walking across the street, but the car coming towards him wasn't stopping anytime soon. To put it short, he wasn't going to make it on his own.

Marinette and I ran together to see what we could do. I jumped in front of where the car was coming from and waved my hands to stop him. Marinette grabbed on to his arm and pulled the man to the other side of the crosswalk.

Upon pulling the old man to where we were once standing, Marinette lost her footing and began to fall. I ran to her side in an attempt to keep her standing, but I ended up falling down with her.

"Sorry, Marinette. I made that fall worse."

"Don't sweat it, (Y/N)."

We stood back up and I brushed away the dirt on my pants. Marinette got an idea, and opened to box of treats she had been holding and offered one to the old man.

"They're a little crumbled, but still good. You can have one too, (Y/N)!"

"Thank you for your help young ladies. For the record, this baked good is amazing."

"It was no problem, sir. Glad to help."

Then the school bell rang in the distance. Marinette and I gasped, and bowed to the man in front of us. We started running towards the direction of the school. Before I was out of earshot, I called over my shoulder to the old man.

"Have a good day, sir!"

[][][][][]

Marinette and I rushed through the classroom door, out of breath and panting. Luckily, you both had made it before the late bell rung.

The teacher was telling a boy, Nino, to sit in the front this year. He sulked up to the front and sat down.

"Ah! You must be one of the new students. (Y/N), correct?" The teacher announced.

She had dark red hair that was set into a bun, and pale skin. She also had bright green eyes that gave off an almost demanding aura.

I ushered for Marinette to go find her seat. She shrugged and went to the seat behind Nino. I was already catching on to names. Better to start sooner than never.

"Yes, my name is (Y/N). Nice to meet you, Ms. Bustier."

"Nice to meet you as well, (Y/N). We're so happy to have you with us. As you probably know, I'm your French literature and languages teacher. If you'd like, there's an open seat next to Nino, Ivan, and Nathaniel. Take your pick."