Chapter 1: Day One in Paris

{Your P.O.V.}

The plane landed down onto the smooth cement below. The engine still roaring from the flight.

The sun slowly began to set over the horizon. Streaks of pinks and oranges painted the sky. Just on the other side of the sky, the moon was beginning to rise. Clouds flew endlessly from one side to the other.

It resembled a battle of light against dark. Good against evil. The clouds were like soldiers, facing off one on one.

Mom and dad grabbed the bags we took with us on the plane. Dad reassured that the rest of our things were in the moving truck already driving to our new home. We ended up walking around the airport for an hour. We ate at a small restaurant, and listened to a man play the saxophone.

Once we left the airport, Mom hailed down a taxi. We all had to squish together in the back seat. The driver didn't even play music! It was so boring that I could feel my eyes falling.

The car ride ended up being a hour long so I fell asleep. Dad woke me up once we had arrived. I stepped out of the car and my jaw dropped.

The outside of the house looked beautiful. The house was a shining (house color), and had magnificent white stain glass windows. A light brown picket fence surrounded the front yard. Rose bushes were growing in the flower bed.

I made my way to the front door and went inside after getting a small nod from dad. Opening the door, light poured into the house. Dust flew across the sudden light.

The room appeared to be the living space, and it was big enough for at least eight people. To the right was the kitchen, and a dinning table was set a few feet away from it. There was a bathroom and a storage closet also downstairs Wooden stairs lead to the second floor bedrooms and bathroom.

My room had a balcony (As mom had said), (favorite color) walls and a higher roof. A large window was placed at the end of the room, letting in most of the natural light.

The room itself was bare, but soon to be filled with my belongings. I imagined where everything would go, and how I could make it at least....home.

Running back downstairs, I asked dad if the delivery truck was here yet. It wasn't. I asked dad about it and said it wouldn't be here until tomorrow morning. Adjusting to Paris seemed to get harder and harder every second of every minute.

I took a deep breath, sighed, and laid my forehead on the kitchen table. I silently cursed everything at this very moment. All I want to do is curl up onto my comfy bed and call (Best friend's name).

Dad decided that we should just finish the day and go to bed. It was practically nightfall anyway. Mom agreed and went to grab the sleeping bags that they brought with them during the flight and car trip. She set them out onto the living room floor and let me pick which on I wanted. I went with the one on the right.

"Go to bed honey, we will join you in a bit!" Dad called from the kitchen.

"Okay."

I climbed into my sleeping bag and got as comfortable as possible. I closed my eyes, but sleep didn't come. I could hear mom and dad whispering in the other room, but I didn't understand what it was fully about. All I know is that the conversation involved me.

And that's when sleep consumed me.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I woke up the next morning with a crick in my neck and arm. I stood up slowly and cracked where it hurt. It seemed to help a little.

Mom came in and saw that I was awake. She guided me to the kitchen and gave me a bowl of cereal, but I politely declined the food. I decided not to question where she got it from. I was still to tired to comprehend things like that. Mom slid my bag across the table and told me to change into one of my spare clothes.

I finished my food and went to go get dressed in the bathroom. {Just image whatever you want to wear!}

I came back out of the bathroom a few minutes later with my new outfit, and brushed hair. I sat back at the table with a bored look on my face. I asked if the moving truck was here, the answer was still no. I let out a long and exaggerated whine.

That's when mom suggested that I take a walk around the area, and to see some of the sights in Paris. I wasn't really able to complain. Making sure I had my phone and my purse on me, mom handed me ten dollars and literally shoved me out the door.

I sighed as I heard her shut the door behind me. Eventually, I gave in and started to walk around. I took the sidewalk down the path and looked at all the tall buildings. Pigeons flew constantly across the sky. The sky was a bright blue that shined.

There was a park not to far from my house that seemed beautiful. I silently decided to go visit there after walking around a bit more.

I came to the corner of the sidewalk to see a bakery. Shrugging to myself, I decided to walk in. Upon opening the door, I was instantly hit with an amazing smell. Different kinds of pastries and sweet treats filled the inside of the glass counter.

I wasn't able to resist the smell and the looks and decided to order a strawberry tart. I gave the woman at the counter my order and paid her the money.

"Are you new around here? I haven't seen you before."

"Uh, yes. I just moved here yesterday."

"Oh! Then welcome to Paris, deary! Perhaps you'd like to meet my daughter?"

"S-sure. I guess so."

The woman turned towards the stairs in the back of the hackery and called a name. I heard the pattering of footsteps not long after.

Another girl that seemed to be around my age came up the the counter. She had dark blue hair pulled back into pigtails with red ribbons. She wore a black jacket over a white flower print shirt. She was defiantly pretty.

She stuck her hand out for me to shake. I gave her my hand and we shook.

"Hi! My name is Marinette!"

"Nice to meet you, Marinette. I'm (Y/N)."

[][][][][][][][][][]

I will be trying to make chapters from now on longer. Thanks for being so patient about this book.
<3