Group One's Counterattack

Start from the beginning

So he felt shame that he couldn't be there when Adrien and Shinuya were obviously going to need him.

Having exerted every bit of energy he had in him, his breathing had turned heavy, and ragged, Kuragari let Nino drop, the dark skinned teenager falling to his knees, and then flat on his face, not making any effort to stop gravity from slamming his face into the ground. He almost felt numb to the pain now. Like his body had shut down his sense of touch to prevent him from going insane with the pain.

"Fucking... Prick..." Kuragari rasped, taking deep breaths between the gasps. He began to walk away, hurling abuse at Nino as he left the beaten teen to his own devices, considering him defeated. "I'm not... A Villain... Got it?... I'm gonna be... A Raider... And show you..."

A Raider...

The Raiders were a very elite group of Heroes. Best of the best. Elite of the Elite. They specialized in hostage rescue, and in Villain suppression. Heavy combat. Very dangerous roles in this sort of line of work. And what was more, you couldn't apply to join them. They came to you. To want to join them...

"You're a joke."

The footsteps stopped, as Nino knew they would.

"The Raiders? Hah... You're kidding, right?" This was a very dangerous bridge to be burning, and Nino knew it perfectly well, but there wasn't anything else he could do. Doing nothing would be leaving Adrien and Shinuya to deal with this guy, and he didn't know if they could take this guy right now, and gathering water wasn't going to work against this guy.... What else could he do?

He wasn't going to be able to re-join his allies in the fight any time soon. He was too badly beaten up. And even if he was able to join the fight, there wasn't going to be a single thing he could do against the Intangibly Trait user in front of him. He might as well not have a Trait.

But what he could do... Was he could stall for time.

"What makes you think that the Raiders are gonna want someone who loses their cool over an offhanded comment?" Nino shot insults at Kuragari's pride, knowing full well that he wasn't going to let them go unanswered. Without the Human thinking, the footsteps returned, coming ever closer to Nino. He pressed further. "Someone who loses their mind over a comment like that... Hah! You'd be as much use as an ice cube is against an avalanche!"

He felt himself being picked up, and slammed against the wall once more. Doing so made him violently cough up blood, but he didn't even feel much pain from it anymore. In front of him he saw the face of someone livid beyond comprehension, and in a way, Nino sympathized with him. But he was an enemy right now. He would apologize later.

"I'm gonna enjoy beating you down." Kuragari spat. The silhouette that may or may not be his hand opened up, preparing to fire off a flurry of open-palm strikes.

Nino just smiled. 'How is this for catching up with your selfless habits, Adrien?' He thought, remembering back to the previous day. How Adrien's altruistic habits got him into the CFD. And how Adrien had jokingly told him to catch up. Nino felt that this qualified. 'Good luck, buddy. Hope you win this for us... Cause I'm not gonna be much help after this.'

There certainly had been a mood change for the students who had watched the battle unfold in front of them, particularly for the students in the Hero Course. Jaws dropped, and eyes shot wide open. The majority couldn't even comprehend what had just happened in front of them as they watched it happen. The speed of it had gone by way too quick for anyone to be able to confidently say what they saw, but looking at Adrien now, it was clear enough.

His right arm was gone. Ripped right off his body, leaving in its place not even a stump. Just an armless shoulder.

"Adrien!" Marinette had stood up in an instant, looking in absolute horror at what she had just witnessed. Her eyes were wide, and shimmering in the light, as her tears were clear and obvious to anyone who looked at her. Her lips trembled, and her body shook. She felt ill, and weak. She was going to be sick. Oh God.