20

It was late when a nurse walked into the room to check Marinette's charts, taking note of any changes and changing out the IV. She noticed Adrien asleep in the rocking chair and gently tapped his shoulder. "Sir, you can sleep on the chair over there if you like. I can bring in Emma's bed since she can be out of the nursery now."

Adrien snored until the nurse started to talk to him. He was careful not to drop the baby as he looked around his surroundings. "Oh, I'm sorry if I'm in the way." He said and carefully stood up.

"It's not a problem." The nurse said. "I'm sorry if I woke you up."

"It's okay," he said. "I understand if I'm too close to Marinette. I'll sit on the other side of the room. I'll be staying overnight in here with her."

The nurse smiled and finished the task she was doing. "You're a great husband and father for being so young. I'm sure she heard every word you said to her."

Adrien chuckled a bit and sat in the chair against the wall across from his love. He hummed to Emma to make sure she stayed asleep.

"You might find this hard to believe, princess, but your parents are fairly well known here in Paris." Adrien whispered. "We may be working in my father's company together as a model and designer...but we're actual real life super heroes." He laughed a bit, remembering all of the crazy adventures with Ladybug.

He had placed Emma in her crib almost an hour ago, and ever since, he held onto Emma's hand and talked to her as if she would understand in that moment. He knew the nurses wouldn't bother with his rambling, but it was better to talk to his daughter than to himself.

"It took us a while to find out our identities. It's a funny story, but if you ever hear about Ladybug and Chat Noir from your Aunt Alya's first crazy blog from high school, just know that it was us." He said, smiling as he brushed his thumb over Emma's small hand.

"I was Ladybug's side-kick. I had the ability to destroy things while Ladybug created them. it never bothered me once about not getting the media's attention like Ladybug did. When I was 15, I was so sick of the media attention. I was myself, goofing off and telling people how I felt, actually towards Chloe and your grandfather. Did I feel bad I said awful things behind the mask? Of course, but they deserved it from someone they don't really care for." He sighed, remembering the attitudes he had back then. "They opened up to me since then. Chloe is still annoying even as an adult, but father, he changed and opened up to me about what happened to mother, your grandmother."

"I can go on and tell you crazy stories over the last few years, but you're almost a few days old." He said, looking at Emma's sleeping face. "You will understand when you're older. Maybe I'll transform into Chat Noir and take you to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night. Maybe your mother will take you to the Notre Dame as Ladybug." He laughed at the thought of Emma seeing their super hero form for the first time during her child hood. He may have said all of this because he was thinking about going out for some fresh air. He wanted to run on the roof tops of Paris as if Ladybug was racing him to the monument again.

Adrien sighed and kissed his daughter's hand. "You'll get use to the media attention too, I bet. Just keep in mind that it's not our fault." He laughed a bit. "We're going to protect you at whatever cost, Emma. Mommy and daddy loves you very much." He smiled.

Adrien fell asleep in the chair. He had left Emma alone to sleep in a comfortable position in the chair. What stirred him awake was two nurses talking about the rain outside when they came into work. He ignored it for a while, falling back into a deep sleep.