16

"A-ADRIEN!!!"

The blonde bumped his head on the shelf when he heard his wife shriek like that. He dropped the screwdriver and ran to the large bedroom. "M-Marinette, are you okay?!" he asked. He watched her shake her head and noticed the pain she was possibly in.

"H-Hospital...n-now..." Marinette whimpered, clutching on a pillow. She groaned again and buried her face in the pillow. "I-I think...It's time..." she gasped a few times.

He helped Marinette to lay on her back again on the bed after she was laying on her side for so long. "It's going to be alright, just try to breathe like you were taught. We can go down to the car as safely as we can- "

"I understand that! Just get me to the damn car!!" she shouted, but then groaned in pain again. She practiced her breathing to keep herself calm, then look at him with pleading eyes. "Just...hurry, please...for our little girl."

"of course, my lady." He said as he kissed her forehead. "When you can, try and call everyone to meet us there. I'm going to pull the car to the front of the building and come back. I'll even carry you to the elevator and to the car."

Marinette nodded, tears in her eyes. "A-Alright, honey." She smiled faintly.

Adrien smiled back and kissed her hand. "Today's the day!" he cheered as he left the room.

Instead of waiting for the elevator, he ran down the stairs and to the resident parking lot. He clicked the button on the remote to start up the car and ran to unlock it. Within minutes, he pulled the car to the front door of the apartment building without hitting any parked cars. Gripping the wheel, he noticed he was already shaking. "Today is the day..." he sighed, letting the moment sink in. He looked at the radio and saw that it was 1 o' clock in the afternoon, wondering how long Marinette had been in labor. He remembered her complaints of small complications, but he was working on a new piece of furniture that he lost track of the minutes.

"Today is the day." He said to himself again before exiting the car and running up to their home.

"Today is the day," was the only phrase he could think about.

Safely, Adrien drove Marinette to the hospital in 10 minutes. He had the car packed with overnight bags and shower supplies for a week, and the baby car seat was in place in the middle of the back seat. His hand that was holding her's had turned a bit red when Marinette had a cry of pain every 3 minutes that lasted 20 seconds. He didn't care that she clawed his hand once.

He parked the car in the emergency patients circle and turned off the car to comfort his wife. "Give me one minute to get a nurse."

Marinette nodded and smiled at him. "Please hurry...She's going to come any time now..."

He gave her a nod and left the car to find a nurse and a wheelchair. He hurriedly told the receptionist about his pregnant wife in labor, to which she called a nurse and doctor. He almost forgot a wheelchair until he saw the nurse already bringing one to the front door. He thanked them and lead them to the car.

Adrien assisted when they tried to help her out of the passenger car. He watched Marinette shake, which seemed unusual to him at the moment.

Doctor told the blonde that car can only be parked there up to an hour before he was asked to move it. Adrien agreed and said he will move the car when a friend or family member comes by.

He looked at his wife and held her hand as they strolled into the hospital with the doctor and nurse. "Everything will go smoothly, Mari." He smiled.