14

Marinette ended up pacing around the bedroom at the apartment, contemplating rather or not telling Adrien the way she planned was a good idea. More like an internal argument, but she really wanted to see the shocked looked on his face. When she saw the notes he took every time she was lazing around the home, and it hit a mood swing and she threw the notes in the trash.

After calming herself down was when she went to the bedroom to pace. Did she really want to go out to dinner, or simply tell him? Adrien probably has the hint I am because I'm never sick, but he looks like a lost cat.

"Mari?" Adrien spoke at the door, scaring her. "Are you sure you're up for dinner tonight? You still look pretty sick."

"I'm fine, Adrien. Just...talking to myself." She laughed at herself a bit.

"Okay...?" he said in a confused tone. "Well, dinner is in an hour, so be ready in a bit, okay?" he said, walking towards her to kiss her cheek.

She blushed and nodded. "Thank you. I'll be ready soon so we're not late." She said.

"Great!" he smiled before walking out of the bedroom.

She internally screamed at herself. It's too late to cancel. She sighed and looked at herself in the mirror again. She slowly moved her hands to her stomach and felt a wave of happiness. I'm going to tell him tonight. He's going to know about you.

The couple arrived at the restaurant on time, Marinette in short pink and grey dress and Adrien in a button up and jeans. Their table had a lovely view of the monument among the city lights.

The restaurant was unique to them. It was a two floor restaurant, first floor with kitchen and dining room, and the second floor was used as ballroom and party area. The restaurant had a classy feel that the couple admired, but felt new and modern to the Parisians. A hostess reminded the couple of a piano and violin duo are playing music on the balcony, to which Marinette was interested to watch.

After eating lunch and celebrating a few little accomplishments of work, the couple had found their favorites on the menu so it didn't take long to order.

"Thank you, Agreste's, your dinner will be arriving shortly. May I interest you in some wine?"

"No!" Marinette protested, surprising Adrien. "I-I mean...not tonight." She laughed a bit.

"No thank you about the wine." Adrien spoke for himself. He waited till the waiter to leave to ask what was wrong with his wife.

"Just...I'm not up for wine tonight." She blushed, fidgeting with the cloth under the table.

"You're really jumpy tonight, are you sure you're okay, Marinette?" he asked.

"Yes. I am fine." She nodded. "Actually, I'm really happy."

"Are you?" he asked, placing his chin on his folded hands. "I'm sorry about the notes I took, but I was really worried why you stopped working at home."

"It's okay, really." She said.

"So how was hanging out with Alya earlier?" he asked, taking a drink of his water and leaning back in his chair.

"Good...we did a lot of catching up since the years are going by really fast." She said. She then smiled over a thought. "The years will be going by faster if we don't slow down and appreciate each other."

"That's quite a thought, my lady." He chuckled. He noticed a dazed look and reached across the table to hold her hand. "Is there something you need to tell me? Like the reason why you've been sick?"