(5) Aarmau

Aaron has been miserable lately and it was driving Katelyn crazy. Normally Aaron could have gone to Aphmau and complained about it but she has been distant lately too.

Aphmau was a good friend of Aaron and Katelyn's, but all of a sudden she stopped hanging around them. The three of them haven't spoken in at least a week and Katelyn had a feeling that was why Aaron was in such a bad mood.

Katelyn watched irritatedly as Aaron messed around with his lunch, eating none of it.

"You want to prank Ms. Hyria or something?" Katelyn suggested trying to get her friend to at least crack a smile.

"No." Aaron muttered in response. Katelyn grumbled to herself.

"How about we go see that new movie?"

"Not really feeling up to it right now, Katelyn."

"You haven't been up to doing anything fun all week, Aaron!" Katelyn said throwing her hands in the air in frustration. Aaron only frowned.

"Hey, Aph."

Katelyn turned to see Aphmau had entered the cafeteria. Fantastic, now was a good time to get to the bottom of this. Katelyn jumped to her feet and began to walk toward Aphmau. She was about to sit down with her friends, but Katelyn grabbed her arm first and started to drag her away.

"Katelyn, what--"

"What's going on with you?" Katelyn demanded once he had brought the girl over to where she and Aaron were sitting. "You just sort disappeared on us."

Aaron was now looking up seeming desperate for Aphmau to answer the question as well.

"Nothing I've just, er... been busy is all." Aphnau said. Irene, she was practically sweating. Katelyn opened her mouth to point this out but Aphmau stopped her. "Listen I'm not really hungry anymore. I have to go".

With that, Aphmau pulled away from her grasp and exited the cafeteria. Aphma had only just got here. Katelyn knew the only reason Aphmau was leaving is because she wanted to avoid them.

"She doesn't want to see us, Katelyn." Aaron mumbled, sadly. "Just drop it, will you?"

But Katelyn wasn't finished. Ignoring her friend, Katelyn went after Aphmau. Aaron didn't bother coming with her. Maybe he just wanted to leave Aphmau be. Katelyn wasn't going to give up so easily however. She needed her fun friend back.

"Aph." Katelyn had caught up to her in no time "Tell me the truth why are you avoiding us."

"I'm not avoiding..." Katelyn gave Aphmau a look and she seemed to think twice about finishing that sentence. She sighed "Alright, alright. Truthfully, I'm not avoiding you guys... I'm avoiding Aaron."

Katelyn was ten times more confused than before. "What are you talking about?"

"I sort of kind of well..."

"Spit it out, woman!"

"I like him!" Aphmau blurted out, turning bright red as her confession escaped her lips.

Katelyn blinked. "Are you serious?"

"Of course I am! I'm been avoiding him because I don't know what to do about it"

"Well, here's a crazy idea. Tell him!"

"I can't just tell him"

"And why not?" Aphmau opened her mouth to continue to argue, but didn't seem able to think of anything. "Aph, this is ridiculous. Let me tell you something..."

"What the hell are you two yelling about?" They both turned to see that Aaron had decided to show up.

"Thought you were going to stay in the cafeteria?" Katelyn said, raising an eyebrow.

"I was actually just heading back to the dorms when I heard you two yelling." Aaron explained. "Thought you might have started something. Look, Katelyn, if dhe doesn't want to talk to us..."

"This is stupid. Aaron, for Irene's sake, she likes you. That's why she's avoiding us."

"Katelyn!"

"Aphmau, it's fine. Aaron likes you, too. He has for a long time."

Aphmau and Aaron looked equally embarrassed. Katelyn would have preferred that the two have told each other on their own, but that obviously wasn't going to happen so she took matters into her own hands.

"Do you really?" Aphmau asked, bright red.

"Well, ah..."

"Aaron!"

"Yes, yes! Okay, I do."

Aphmau and Aaron just stared at each blankly, making Katelyn become irritated again.

"Alright. Now that that's done and over with, can we go prank Hyria now or not?"