Chapter 2: The Strong

"STOP YELLING! PLEASE!" Katayama, worried where this offensive argument may take the boys, wailed so loud that the repetition of her voice could be heard bouncing against the walls of the Chateau. After Shirazu and Urie were informed an hour prior that the ghoul that was captured wasn't Torso, they'd been bickering. Blames and insults were thrown around and, while Saiko blocked it out by playing a game on her phone and rushing to her bedroom, it was impossible for Yami and Mutsuki to ignore it. Being timid, Mutsuki decided that it would be best for him to not interfere, seeing as he had next to nothing to do with the night of the capture in the first place. The only thing that Mutsuki was present for that night was later after everyone returned and Haise scolded Urie for calling Yami names. The boy never did apologize for what he'd said to her, but that came to no surprise.

Anyways, Mutsuki tried to convince Yami to also stay out of the fight between Urie and Shirazu, but the shy girl loathed to witness the disputes the built walls around the squad, Urie especially.

After Yami's loud plea shocked the boys into silence, Urie clenched his fist at his sides so tightly that it wasn't hard to imagine his knuckles turning a pure white under his black gloves. Urie's eyes snapped over to the usually silent girl, seeing her eyes more desperate than he'd ever seen before, even during intense investigations. Yami, to his utter surprise, looked angry and exhausted. Her unique blue-grey hair was pulled into two buns on either side of her head as it was most often seen, but tonight there were stray hairs poking out in various areas. Those honey-colored eyes seemed to droop, and her lips were turned downwards into a firm frown. Seeing her obviously bothered made Urie wonder exactly what kind of impact his quarrel with Shira had on her. Quite an intense affect, he'd reluctantly concluded.

"I'm leaving." Urie grumbled just loud enough for the others to hear before stomping his feet to the door. Snatching his investigator coat, he hardly wasted a second putting it on as he walking out of the house. The sound of the wood slamming against the doorframe rattled the entire house, the intensity of it making Yami's shoulders tense. Her eyes scanned Mutsuki's stunned face, before drifting over to Shirazu who seemed to be trembling. Why is he frightened? Yami wondered, because she'd only seen that type of quivering in someone who was overtaken by fear. She quickly found out, however, that someone's shaking could be due to anger. "Shira—"

"Who the hell does he think he is?!" The male bellowed, agitation so high that his jagged teeth showed. Shirazu whipped his head around to Yami, who was watching the orange-headed boy with concerned curiosity. In her time living with the eccentric boy she had seen many sides to him, even his anger, but she had never seen him purely enraged like he was in this moment. "He thinks that he can just walk out like that?! Thinks he can just storm out on what I have to say?!" Following suit to Urie's departure, Shirazu clenched his hands into fists before making way to the door.

Once again, the door rumbled when it was closed.

And then there was Yami and Mutsuki a silence between them that only their thoughts could fill.

What will he do once he catches up to Urie? Yami's breathing seemed to stop as she imagined the endless ill-advised scenarios of what Shirazu may attempt. Reluctantly so, the girl looked over to the remaining member in the room, Mutsuki. "Mu...Mutsuki-kun." Stuttered Yami as they made eye contact. He looked at her for a moment, studying her face with the eye that was uncovered. "Haise-san will be upset, don't you think?" It needed no further elaboration, they were both thinking the same thing.

Mutsuki sighed, standing up from the couch and making his way to the girl who was now overflowing with nervousness. He put a hand on Yami's shoulder, "Not unless they get back before he does... and come home with no injuries or frantic civilians."