Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

Tristan, what I'm about to tell you is probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to say to anyone. I've spent years coming up with ways on how to tell you this, but I never thought I would have an actual chance. After so long I finally have the opportunity I never thought I'd have. Face to face would have been the more appropriate manner of going about this but I can't imagine what I'd do if you rejected me. Your mother might have told you about your father and how he took off when you were too young to probably even remember. I'm not here to tell you otherwise. All I want is for you to understand why he did it. You may not care anymore or you may not want to hear it but I really believe you need to. You deserve to know. Please meet me at the teacher's staff room tomorrow at noon. We have much to discuss. I look forward to our meeting.

Tristan was shocked. The first question to come to mind was who was the letter from? Why hadn't the person decided to sign it? Then the content of the letter hit him like a slap to the face. Tristan's biggest obsession was his father. All his life he had wondered why he'd had the misfortune of growing up without one. Even though his mother had told him his father had skipped out on the family he still wondered about the reasons. A man didn't just up and decide to abandon his family all of a sudden. His mother hated when he brought the topic up, therefore Tristan rarely did. But on the occasions when he couldn't take it anymore she was never willing to give him details or a logical explanation in reply to his inquisitions. Their conversations about his father always ended up in huge arguments.

He needed to know what this person knew about his dad. Maybe they would know his father's location. His plan was to go in search of his father after he escaped the school. This letter proved life was giving him a chance to do what he dreamed of. He needed to get his answers. This letter erased all doubt about his plan from his mind. Finding his father was the right thing to do.

After folding up the letter, he carefully placed it in his wallet and sighed. He couldn't imagine waiting until tomorrow to find out everything this person knew about his dad. He had so many questions stored up inside him just waiting to be answered.

It was a good thing the person hadn't left any phone number or address about themselves because Tristan would've risked everything to go in search of them at this very moment and it was already after curfew. Going out now could mean a possibility of getting caught and that was something he couldn't afford if he wanted to lay low until the date came.

'Only one more week', he reminded himself as he went to bed with thoughts of his father.

"Sienna wait up!" Parry's voice called after the raven haired girl. Sienna slowed her pace but didn't stop. Parry eventually caught up to her. He was wearing that ever present smile on his face that seemed too positive to be real. Strands of his red hair stood up every way imaginable on top of his head. It made Sienna think of a wild fire that was ready to spread to every direction.

"What's up?" she asked politely.

"Are you feeling better?"

"What do you mean?"

"Yesterday you said you were-"

"Oh right yes. I'm feeling way better, thanks." she cursed herself for momentarily forgetting her white lie.

"Soo what are you doing for the Thanksgiving break?" he asked.

"Well I'm definitely not going home. My parents haven't called. I'm probably just going to stay here and sleep and eat more than I should," Sienna said causing Parry to chuckle louder than he should have.

"They probably just think this is the best environment for you," he said with a shrug.

"Or maybe they just don't want me home," she said glancing down at the books in her hand.