Chapter Eight

Adrienne's POV

Yesterday felt so good. To finally tell Alec, I can't believe I actually did that. And the look on his face when I split his arrow in 2! Hilarious. 
Today I woke up and I felt a weight had lifted off my shoulders. Every movement I made required less effort and I was content.
Well at least I was.

Jace knocked on the door so I obviously let him. What I wasn't expecting was the monsters spawn to be with him.

"Adri, its ok. We came to talk. I promise, Clary is harmless" Jace says, edging closer to me with his hands up surrendering to me. I took 2 pills from the medication bottle I kept in my hoodie.

I glared at Jace. How could he bring her here! He knew what happened last time.
I grabbed my daggers as a safety precaution.
"Fine." I croaked out.
Clarissa, who was standing behind Jace neared closer.
Out of instinct I threw one of my daggers, it cut her ear a bit. Not that I cared. Her father put me through worse.
"ADRIENNE!" Jace shouted at me, rushing to her aid.
"Stay away from me." I said through gritted teeth, reaching for my seraph blade.
Jace turned to face her while I held my weapons ready to fight.  "Clary, you should go. Don't worry. I will talk to her." Jace says soothingly. I didn't drop my weapons or my fighting stance until I was sure she was gone.
I breathed a sigh of relief but it was short lived.
"Why did you bring her here?" I asked Jace in a whisper not trusting my voice completely.
Surely he knew not to bring her here. Especially after what happened last time... 
"She wanted to know how you knew her." Jace said like it was the most obvious thing.
I nearly snapped.
Angrily I responded "It was her face that Valentine would show me when he would torture me. When I didn't listen to him, it was Clarissa who he compared me too. He wants her. And if he finds her, he finds me too."
Jace looked at me, surprised that I was opening up. I guess Alec didn't tell them anything. For that I was thankful.
"Jace, take me to Alec."
"But he's in the training room..."
I don't know what it was, my anger, the adrenaline or the medication but I needed to get out of my room. I needed to see Alec.
"Now!" I shouted.
Before we left I grabbed my daggers and my seraph blade.
Adrienne Lightwood was coming back. And I am not going to let any of Valentines associates stop me from my revenge.