Chapter Ten

Izzy POV
I walked up to a solemn looking Clary in the hallway.
"You ok?" I asked
"I saw my Mum and Alec he..."
"Yeah I know I heard. There has been so many times I have wanted to kill him and I know sometimes my brother can be a real pain in the arse but he means well. He just doesn't want a repeat of what happened to Adrienne."

"What happened to her?" Clary asked with concern.
My smile faltered.
"I um, I don't know. She won't tell me. I think she told Alec but whatever it was, it was worse than Alec thought." She replied.
Clary decided to change the subject, something I was thankful for
"So, my necklace?"
"Not happening, its dangerous"
"Well that's a risk I am willing to take on my own."
"You're not on your own anymore Clary, you're one of us now."
"I just don't know what to do, its all so new to me."
"I get it, you love your Mum, you would do anything to save her. We were the same with Adrienne, still are I guess..."

Clary nodded. "So you understand why I want to get my necklace back."

"Drop it Clary, the necklace is dangerous. Leave it."

Alec POV
I finally got Adrienne calm again once we were back in her room. She was currently just staring at the plain wall infront of her, unresponsive to the world. As I turned to leave she spoke.
"I'm sorry Alec." Her voice sounded strong, warrior like, how she used to be.
"What for?"
"For being so pathetic, I'm sorry I can't be the warrior I used to be, i'm sorry for not being the sister I used to be" she was still staring infront but had slowly moved so her head was now resting on my shoulder.
Hearing her words, I was unable to respond. So I pulled her closer and kissed her forehead, both of us perfectly content sitting in silence. Moments like these were rare, but for a split second, everything was ok.

A/N : I am so sorry about my absence from writing. There is no excuse really. I do hope to get back into it again soon however I lack the motivation to do most things, even things I really do love. Any updates will be purely random but I will not be updating for a while,  (personal reasons) I will watch the end of season two and figure out how I want the story to continue and the role Adrienne will play in the rest of the book. I do not want to make her a weak character, unable of doing anything for herself but due to poor writing skills it will be a long transition for her to be a true warrior.
Please be patient, because I hope you love Adrienne as much as I do. 
-Kaela