Chapter Six

Adrienne POV

After training I took a shower. It was relaxing to hear the water as it fell. I took my meds again and put together a nice outfit, complete with some jewellery. My rings were an early christmas present from Izzy  the year I left and the Arrow Bracelet was given to me for my 16th birthday by Alec. Needless to say I loved those pieces of jewellery the most. Today was the first time since returning that I have worn them. Before I felt like an outsider to the family, living in solitude didn't help this, and so I never felt like I deserved to wear them. However the past few days, seeing my siblings so often, it's slowly going back to normal.

I was at my desk, practising runes, when I heard 4 knocks at my door. Alec? 

I opened the door to see my twin, looking very worked up.

"Alec what happened?"

He told me all about the meeting with Magnus, the parabatai tracking, killing circle members, the memory demon.

"Adrienne, I think I'm gay..." He said, ashamed.

"Alec. Listen to me, I don't care if your gay, your my brother. You are my twin brother and the only person I trust most in the world. Don't worry about Jace, you guys are parabatai. He'll understand." 

He nodded and we hugged.

"Yeah funny you say that... I spoke to Magnus, he gave me his number incase you need to contact him but he also said how he knew what you have been through..."

"And your upset because I haven't told you anything." I finished off for him. 

"Alec, when he found me, I was in no condition to return to the institute. He took me in and helped me get better for a couple of weeks until I was well enough to return. During this time, I told him everything. And now I guess I'm gonna do the same for you..."