Chapter Five

(This chapter is based on episode 4, I will try to keep to the plot however, in this story Clary is just a side character.)

Alec's POV

I was woken up by Izzy telling me they had a lead on the mortal cup.

I walk around the institute, distracting myself from the Adrienne situation until the meeting about the cup, I ran into Hodge and we walked together

"How is she?"

"Uh, not great but I think there is some progress"

We turn the corner and sat down at a table, everyone was waiting.

Hodge pulls out a tablet and begins to speak.

"Magnus Bane, he is over 300 years old and as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive."

"Sounds like the downworlder's David Guetta." Clary interupts.

"Guetta is already a downworlder, vampire, never see him in the daylight" Izzy jokes.

"Can you 2 please focus. This is not a joke."

"Someone needs to get slayed." Izzy mutters

"Oh I'm sorry, but if it weren't for the fact that Magnus Bane might be the key to unlock the wherabouts of the mortal cup I would not be here. I would be with our dear sister who needs me." I snap leaving the room silent.

"Moving on... Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known and he has a deep mistrust of shadowhunters."

"Well then why did he help my Mum and remove my memories? Isn't she a shadowhunter?" Clary asks with her annoying voice once again.

"Yes, one of the best, although help might not be the most accurate word. If Magnus provided a service for Jocelyn, then more than likely, your mother payed Magnus handsomely for his magic."

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything" Jace adds in, I take this as my turn to speak.

"The word from the Clave is that the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them."

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock making Jocely..." Hodge stops talking when his cirlce rune starts burning.

"Hodge, your rune, you ok?" yet another remark from Clary, the concern is lovely but un needed.

"So how do we find Magnus? she continues.

"We don't. Magnus finds us. We'll set up a meeting, somewhere protected, lure him out of hiding."

Izzy starts smirking, "And I know exactly where we do it." She takes the tablet from Hodge and swipes to show a poster.

"Downworlder Rave, nice Izzy." Jace comments.

Of course, Izzy must have gotten that during her 'suveillances' of the downworlders.

Before long there was a plan, we were even given a necklace Magnus used to own. Izzy immediately took a liking to it. Everyone was now left to their own agendas so they could get ready for 'the party of the century' as Izzy liked to call it.

I decided to visit Adrienne and keep to our promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I walked in I was surprised when she was wearing one of her old pairs of skinny jeans.

That's progress, she wouldn't go near her skinny jeans before now.