Hangovers and promises

~Xavier~
~(Because Victoria's severely, thoroughly drunk)~

"Beep. Beep. Beep."

Shortcake poked my biceps, giggling as I tried to change gears. I should've recorded this so I could play it back to her later.

She was pretending to be a fire truck for some reason.

I stopped at a red light. Victoria took it up a notch - she got up on her seat and made siren noises.

I pulled her back down and rolled up the roof. "Seatbelt. Now."

She stuck her tongue out.

I sighed.

Reaching over her side, I pulled the thing over her waist and clicked it in. During that process, I may have brushed her chest. By accident. Honest.

Victoria's eyes went wide and she looked at me appalled.

I held up my hands, expecting a punch. "I didn't do it on purpose. I'm sorry."

Shortcake put both her hands on my face, trying to smush it together.

"Why are you so adorable?"

What the fück is happening here?

Shortcake caught my lower lip and tried making me say 'fish'.

I admit this was more terrifying than when she tried to kill me.

"I'm not six years old." I mumbled, trying to get home as fast as I could.

"No." She agreed. "You're a teddy bear."

I groaned.

All I wanted to do was get wasted tonight. Was that too much to ask for?

"That name better not stick when you're sober, Shortcake. I've got a reputation to keep up here."

"You're my teddy bear." She laughed. "And I'm going to call you Mr. Cuddles."

I took a deep breath.

"I don't cuddle, Shortcake." I said patiently. "I do however fück redheads if they ask nicely."

Usually, that would've shut her up.

But Victoria was bringing her A game tonight.

"All talk, no play, Mr. Cuddles." She grabbed my shirt and whispered in my ear. "So what're you going to do if I say pretty please?"

My mouth was suddenly very dry.

On any other day, I'd be all for pinning her and ripping that tight little dress off her.

But not tonight.

Not when she had no idea what she was talking about.

It took every bit of control I had to shove her back in her seat. She gave me a strange look almost like she was hurt.

I ran a hand through my hair.