Painting feelings

~Xavier~

"An Immortal can't be killed."

"An ässhole can't talk either, yet look what we have here."

Darius was definitely not in the mood for "princely" etiquette.

In one hour, the Guardians directed everyone to their chambers. Nobody knew what happened - just that there were now black flags over Rega Kastel and the city was under lockdown.

The death of a pure blood vampire was unheard of, after all.

The Court of Trials were called for an emergency meet.

Twelve of the most powerful men in the world now sat in the empty ballroom, calmly discussing a murder over Earl Grey tea and muffins.

It pissed me off and I didn't even know the dead guy.

"Prince Azaria," Somebody started saying. "If you could just calm down-"

Bad idea number one

"Why the hell should I?!" Darius slammed his fist on the table. "The King of my country is dead. My father is dead. None of you have any answers, you aren't even trying - we're sitting here having a fücking tea party."

"Investigations are underway." The man continued. "The Guardians are still looking for evidence-"

Bad idea number two.

"On someone who can kill a pure blood Immortal? "Darius shot back. "We don't even know what to look for. What makes you think he'd leave anything behind anyway?"

"It doesn't have to be a he."

Everyone turned to look at the only woman in the room.

I sighed. Bad idea number three?

Bringing Shortcake.

"This wasn't just an accident." Victoria said, casually like she was talking about pizza. "Someone wanted him dead. And I bet they're going to go after everyone in this room."

And that's when the Council collectively lost its mind.

Because nothing is more cheerful than telling a room full of people that a serial killer's on the loose.

I quietly moved to her side and dragged her outside while all hell broke free at the table.

"Let me go!" Victoria yelled.

"Unless you have a death wish, I suggest you shut up." I snapped.

"Unless you have one, I suggest you stop dragging my äss around."

I didn't. Shortcake began screaming like a banshee.

"You're kinda turning me on with that." I said casually. "And I haven't even touched the good parts yet."

Her mouth fell open, effectively stopping that.

I took the opportunity to gag her with my tie and throw her over my shoulder. She managed to bite my neck but hey, at least I didn't have a headache anymore.