Chapter Ten - Signs?

(Pete's Point Of View)

"So, yeah." I say after I finish explaining why and the fact that I gave Summer and Mona concert tickets; even though they are basically adults now.

"That's so sweet!" Sarah exclaims.

"They're like, thirty years old. Dad still giving the concert tickets? Not weird at all." Brendon says rolling his eyes.

"Shut it!" Sarah punches him in the arm.

"Ow!" Brendon exclaims rubbing his arm.

"Oh don't be a baby." Sarah rolls her eyes.

"No, it seriously hurt."

"Oh com-"

"Guys sh!"

"What are you ta-"

"Listen!"

"What are we listening for?" They both ask with very confused faces.

"Patrick, listen."

"Oh."

The room stays silent for a few seconds before Brendon speaks again, "Um, are you hearing and seeing what I am? Or am I going crazy?"

"What?"

"To me it sounds like he's moaning, but very quietly and it looks like he's moving awkwardly, but slightly." Brendon answers pointing to him. Sarah and I shoot our attention toward Patrick.

"Um, yeah, I think you are going crazy. Well, you already are crazy so..." I say looking back at Brendon.

"Sush it Wentz."

"Hurtful."

"I would have to agree with doofus he-" Sarah gets cut off.

"Holy smokes!" We hear Patrick very faintly exclaim or in Brendon terms, moan.

The three of us exchange glances then look at Patrick, back to each other, back to Patrick, back to each other and back at Patrick.

"Did you guys hear that? Or am I going insane?" I ask.

"No, you heard that. So did I." Sarah replies.

"Me four. Talk about a Positive Hardcore Thursday." Brandon says and Sarah and I just give him a weird and confused look. "What?"

"Nothing." Sarah and I say looking away.

"I didn't know coma patients could talk and move." Brendon says.

"They don't, but it seems it's different for Patrick here." says Sarah.

"So..." I say standing up and clapping my hands together.

"So...what?" Brendon asks.

"I don't know." I respond and shrug. "Just felt like saying that."

"I will never understand you."

"And no one will ever understand you, ever."

"Touché."

"Well, I'm going to get something to eat. You guys want anything? Or come with me?" I ask.

"No thanks." Answers Sarah.

"I'll have whatever you're getting." Brendon replies.

"Okay. I'll be back then."

With that I leave the room, out of the hospital and in to my car; I turn on te radio and I drive off.

During my ride to whatever I'm getting. Like I said before, I have no idea how I get around here. Anyways, during my ride, I can't help but thing of you know who. Is that a sign he's going to wake up? Is it a sigh he isn't? Wells whatever the fuck happened just a mere to minutes ago, lifted up my spirits, my hope that he's going to be alright. Why? I have no idea.