Chapter Eight - Concert Tickets

(Pete's Point Of View)

I gotta say, the nightmares and dreams have gotten way better. Actually, I'm lying; They have gotten worse in fact. Out of no where I have been dreaming of dying. Very pleasant, huh? The dreams are so realistic that I'm not sure if they're true or if it's just mind games. Oh well, I don't fucking care really. Okay maybe I do a little, but that's irrelevant.

There's this one dream I had for example, was when Patrick wakes up and instantly shoots me in the face or I shoot him. Another one, is that Patrick complete forgets who we are. Along with one where he remembers me, but isn't in love with me anymore. And this other...well you get the point. Don't you?

For some reason, I get this feeling that one of my various dreams are real, and seeing into the future, or in other words, telling me something. Dreams are just dreams. I get it, but I mean, they don't seem like dreams at all. Not in the slightest. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

If it is real, it's real. If it isn't, it isn't. There will be absolutely nothing I could do whether I die, Patrick dies, both of us die or Patrick not loving me anymore, not remembering us.

I don't know what would be worse, knowing your husband doesn't love you anymore and forgetting you or dying. I'll just say it's all the same really.

To my surprise I haven't picked up a drinking problem like I know how when I get depressed. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm not because I'm staying strong for my Patty Cakes, Mona, Summer and everyone else that I love so dearly. If he was awake he would be highly disappointed, but he isn't so why should I care, right? Oh right, everyone else would.

"Dad! Please?" Mona whines. If you forgot, shes my eighteen year old daughter who acts like a ten year old, but I still love her regardless.

"No!" I exclaim trying to hold back a laugh.

"But...but uncle!" Summer whines. Wait, Summer?

"Yes Summer. Waif what? How did you get in?" I ask looking around.

"Because I am an awesome ninja that is...well, awesome." She answers.

"Okay then." I chuckle.

"But please!" They both beg.

I sigh before speaking, "Okay, fine. If I say yes for you going to that silly concert, will you stop begging?"

See, here's thing...we have to take our clothes off! Okay maybe not that, but you see, Summer and Mona want to go to this Evanescence, Black Veil Brides, Paramore and other bands I can't think of at the moment, concert. It just so happens they are coming to Denver, starting off the tour actually. Still find it a weird combination, but whatever. I already have their tickets, but they don't know that. Yes I am aware that they have jobs, in another state, but I mean, when was the last thing I did for either of them? Other than stressing them out.

"Of course! Folie á duh!" They both exclaim.

"Seriously? Going for that joke?" I laugh.

"Why not?"

"Touché. Also, stopping talking at the same time, it's creepy."

'How?"

"Think about it."

"What do you think Summer?"

"I don't kno-" Summer stops mid-sentence while see looks at me. "Oh...my...Brendon!" She squeals. "Mona! Look!"

"What? Oh my God!" She squeals with her. She carefully takes the tickets from my hands, "Shut up."

"I wasn't even talking. Geez."

"It's a figure of speech Dad. But seriously? You got us these? Thank you!" She yells hugging me. "You are the best Dad ever, and I'm not just saying that because of these."

"Thank you uncle!" Summer hugs me.

"Summer, just call me Pete."

"Yeah, but it will be dis-"

"No it won't, trust me." I smile at her, "but whatever your comfortable calling me uncle, knock yourself out. I don't mind. I just didn't want you to feel obligated to call me uncle."

"Okay." She smiles, "Again, thank you."

"Yeah!" They both scream at the top of their lungs. See what I did there? I'm genius! Kidding.

"Let's go and fan girl over these!" Mona said dragging Summer out of the room.

"Your welcome girls!" I shout before sitting on the couch smiling to myself. I made two of my favorite girls happy.

Yeah, Summer has barley been in our so called posse for like, two years? But it feels as if shes been here forever. She's just as crazy as the rest of us, maybe slightly more insane, but that's a good thing and a compliment.

Mona on the other hand...you know her. Just like Patrick in many ways, but as I'm starting get to know Jordyn, I could definitely see her in Mona. So in other words...like me that's like Jordyn...that is highly confusing. Just never mind.

Well, the highlight of the day, making two people happy. So you could say I wasn't sad at all today. Well, I was, but not like I have been. That's progress and that's what matters.

Maybe Patrick was right five years ago.

It's Gonna Get Better.