/one/

/one/

Her mother had sent for her belongings a few days before Yuki even boarded the plane to Seoul, South Korea from Fukuoka--her home town in Japan. Their house, where they had spent the last couple of years alone since Yuki's father died, was now empty and up for sale since her mother had no intention of returning there. She had found a nice man who she was engaged to--Kim Hansol--a man who had kids of his own and who lived in a grand mansion in the upper class neighborhoods of Seoul.

Yuki was nervous to meet them, to say the least. She knew from her mother that her new stepfather had many sons--twelve to be exact. Yuki worried that there was bound to be one of them who wouldn't like her. 

She tried not to think about it on the plane ride to Korea. When she arrived at the airport there, someone was already waiting for her. She expected to see her mother, and Kim Hansol, but instead she was greeted by one of the family's drivers. He informed her that he had been sent by her mother to pick her up and take her to her new home with her new siblings. He had led her to an expensive black car that was parked in the airport lot and explained to her that his boss was away on a business trip, her mother had gone with him to China. Yuki would be alone with her new brothers in the house for two weeks.

That managed to worry Yuki even more.

She thought she would at least have her mother to support her and guide her through the new changes in her life. She had gone from being an only child, to being the only girl in her new family with twelve older siblings that happened to be male.

They arrived at her new family's home before she knew it. In Japan, she had lived in a small apartment with her mother, which was all they ever needed. The house that belonged to her stepfather was about the size of the entire apartment building. The property went on for several acres and she could even see more houses, smaller ones, in the distance. They stopped by the entrance and one of the servants got the door for her. The person greeted her with a nod of their head.

She was led into the house next, into the living room which felt slightly cold and uninviting. There was no one there waiting for her. She sat on the couch while the staff carried her few belongings into the house, the rest had been brought in days earlier by a moving service. 

One of the maids stood in front of her and began to explain where everyone was, and why no one was there to greet their new sister. "You parents are away on a business trip." She began, something that Yuki already knew. "Seven of your brothers are at school and won't be home until later today. Two of your brothers have football practice, but should be on their way already. One of your brothers has basketball practice. Another is at his dance studio. He is a dancer and gives lessons on his free time to make his own money. Finally, the heir brother is at the company, taking care of business while his father is away. Please bear with them." She bowed her head at Yuki.

Yuki only nodded awkwardly. She wasn't used to having people waiting on her hand and foot. "That's fine. I was just wondering why the house was so empty."

-

She waited about a half hour before the first two brothers arrived. They were two boys dressed in black Adidas track suits with gym bags clinging at their sides. One of them held a football underneath his arm, but she had been able to guess right away. The two of them were her athlete brothers.

They had been laughing to each other about a comment one of them made, but they stopped in their tracks when they saw a girl in their living room. They would have been more surprised, had they not known that their new sister would be arriving from Japan that day. The two silently dropped their gym bags by the couch as they approached her. Almost instantly, a maid walked by and took their bags, taking them to an unknown part of the house. The two boys were quiet as they walked over to her.

"Konnichiwo." One of the brothers greeted with a proud grin.

A smile spread over Yuki's lips. 

He had mispronounced it, but at least he had made an effort. She nodded her head. "Konnichiwa, oppas."

"Konnichiwa." He repeated under his breath and cursed himself, adding, "I practiced that greeting all day yesterday, just so that I wouldn't look stupid."

"You did well, brother." She smiled, trying to be encouraging. Yuki had taken several Korean courses since her mother had started dating Kim Hansol, and she was moderately good at it. Enough to carry a conversation at least. "I speak and understand Korean though. Please don't strain yourself over me."

There was a look of relief on one of her brother's faces. But the other asked her with curiosity, "Do you speak Mandarin?" He asked her in Korean.

She shook her head and crinkled up her nose. "I can somewhat understand a few words. But I've practiced Korean for nearly three years. I'm better at Korean than Chinese."

He pointed to himself with a smile. "I am from China. My dad adopted me in Beijing when I was fifteen." Yuki would have never guessed that he wasn't Korean. He seemed to manage the language well, without the hesitance that she had while speaking it.

Yuki raised her eyebrows, surprised. Now she wondered just how many of the boys were related to him by blood. The other boys who was in the room with him nodded, "Our dad adopted four boys. The rest are his by blood. I'm Minseok, and this is my younger brother Han." He gestured to the boy who had asked Yuki if she spoke any Mandarin. "You'll meet the rest of our brothers as they return home from their different activities. Our father asked us all to come by today."

-

The two excused themselves for a moment, so that they could change into different clothes. Yuki was left once again in the living room by herself. But she wasn't alone for long.

Another boy walked past the front door within a short time after her first two brothers left the room. The boy was tall, much taller than Han and Minseok. He had also arrived dressed in a black Adidas track suit and a gym bag clinging by his side, only he held a basketball in his hands.

Like his brothers, he had been equally surprised to see a girl sitting on the living room couch.

They were all only brothers.

It was strange for them to see a girl in their home. Yuki became slightly nervous as he approached her. He was different compared to the other two. While Han and Minseok appeared friendly, the boy standing in front of her now had a cold exterior. And he was rather quiet as he dropped his belongings next to the couch and considered talking to her. He opened his mouth to speak, but no sound would make its way out since he didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to start.

He was too nervous and instead hurried off to his room, preferring to wait for his other brothers to arrive. To Yuki it appeared like he hadn't liked her and didn't want to speak to her. 

To him it had been something different.

He had been too nervous to muster up the courage to talk to her. He had always been like that when meeting knew people.

Of course, Yuki didn't know that.

-

first chapter for this story finally. the first few chapters will be about the boys introducing themselves to her, just so that we can have an idea of who they are in the story. like i mentioned before, they are not kpop idols in this universe. they do other things with their lives.

i made luhan and minseok professional football players.

i hope you all like the story and i hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving weekend. eat lots of turkey and all that good stuff!

-clary xx