Chapter 34

We tried everything. A little water to the face, screaming, slaps and kicks. Nothing.

So, Niall and I just dragged him out of the house before they came back. Still breathing, thankfully. I was still in shock, but I had to push the thoughts away for the sake of, well all three of us.

I could see Niall was trying to cover his expressions up too. We left swiftly and quietly, but not before picking up some gear for protection. A gun and a knife.

Leaving the front door of that screwed up house, we scurried along the road into the forest right next door. It felt like we were walking for eons and eons, until I stopped for a break carrying a not so light Zayn.

I know Zayn wouldn't feel it, so I just completely dropped him onto the floor. Luckily, we were right next to a small river stream.

Niall collapsed onto the floor. I dragged my legs towards the glorious water and dunked my face into the refreshing liquid.

I felt someone lying next to me, guessing it was Niall. He put his head under water. I could see under so I opened my eyes finding Zayn smiling back at me.

Immediately I got up and froze.

" What the hell Zayn? How long have you been awake?" I asked.

" I've been awake ever since you kicked me the second time. I was too tired to walk so I faked being unconscious and now we are here. And by the way, it really hurt when you kept screaming and slapping!"

He faked a scoff trying to attempt on making me laugh. So, for an effort I gave him a small smile.

" Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but considering we are in this situation, there's no time for it." I say.

He nods understandingly. " You cold?" He asks.

I shook my head. In my mind, I was freezing my butt off.

" I can see right through you, Liv. Remember, BFF's for life?" He jokingly asks. Zayn takes off his bloody jacket and puts it around me. I smile gratefully.

" You know, Perrie gave me that jacket, she's gonna kill me."

" How did they get you? And when?" My curiosity got the best of me.

" Well, I forgot my phone in the bus, so I told the other lads to go ahead. I wasn't sure if you and Niall were making out already so I tried to go quietly. As I turned into the corner to where the bus was located, I saw two figures carrying you two. One was Toby. I went to go back and warn the guys, but one of them caught me and started running towards me. They literally dropped you. I eventually was tackled to the ground and I'm guessing started beating me up. Hence the blood stains."

" How were you guys able to go? Isn't Toby supposed to be with you? Since I wasn't going with you."

" That's the thing. Toby was with us. He disappeared as soon as we got at least a mile away from the tour bus."

This information was overwhelming, I just decided to clear it by closing my eyes and taking deep breaths.

Zayn pulled my towards him and onto his shoulder. I was so close to falling asleep, but footsteps were heard. My head immediately snapped up and got the gun out.

I turned to only see Niall stomping the other way. I gave a confused face to Zayn and he shrugged.

I got up and went after him. " Niall, NIALL!" I repeatedly said.

He finally stopped, but didn't turn around.

I finally spoke up, " What's the matter?"

He turned around and scoffed. " Are you kidding me? Here you are, actually making me think that you actually like me. Leading me on. And of course, Zayn has to walk right in and you turn your full attention towards him. Have you ever considered Perrie's side? She doesn't know she being cheated on by her own friend!"