Chapter 9

It's been about three weeks since I've been working at Martin&Martin and it's not even that bad. Of course here and there Renegade will come and tempt/annoy me but its gotten easy to pretend like he's not there.

Lizzie and I have gotten close. It's gotten to the point that it's like we're like best friends.

Currently I was counting the minutes till I was on break. Lizzie wasn't working today so we decided to go to Red Lobster for lunch.

I was, of course, the first one to get there, so I got a booth table, and ordered a drink for me and her.

I had eaten all the beard and had ordered a second one when she had finally showed up.

"Hey, sorry I'm late I got a little caught up."

"Mhmm, you were busy fucking your man."

"It doesn't matter what I was doing. I was busy."

We spent the rest of lunch talking about our relationships. Her boyfriend and my lack of one.

I went back to the office and started filing papers.

The office can be a lot of boring. Which is why I hate being alone in the reception desk.

"Hello, I have an 2:45 appointment with Mrs. Martin."

"Alright, can I get your name?"

"Karina Petit."

"OmiGod Karina. I haven't seen you since we got arrested."

"Yeah, you never did give me your number."

"Yeah, well Mrs. Martin is ready for you."

"Damn ma, I see how it is."

"Yup." She stared at me for a while before she went to Mrs. Martin.
I was starting to enjoy the peace and quiet, when Renegade came to aggravate me. "You know 'Ri I've been meaning to apologize to you but you look fine as fuck behind this desk."

I didn't say anything. I just focused on doing my work. "You know I know you miss me and this dick."

I still ignored him. "Damn ight. I see how it is."

He stared at me for a while, then he placed gift bags and roses on my desk. "Today would have made us 3 years. I can't say I miss you or what we had but it was chill, ig. I kinda feel bad for what I did to you at the dance."

I still didn't answer. "Ight well bye." He walked away and I put the roses and the gift bags under the desk.

An hour later, Karina came out of the office. "So Iris..."

"Yes."

"Can I get your number?"

"I don't know. Can you?"

"It would be great if I could. But if you don't want to... How about I take you out on a date this Saturday at 7. I'll meet you here and then we'll go."

"Mmmm. OK."

"Ight."

"Well I'm working so bye."

"Damn I see how it is."
*. *. *. *. *. *.