Chapter 4

Jermarius POV

Hoes these days be mad thirsty. Not even that. Thirsty season has passed, it's officially dehydrated season. I'm tryna find my soon-to-be girl. And these hoes sucking up on me like mosquitos. I pulled out my phone about to call the guy I needed when he called me.

???: We're in town.

Me: Ight

???: We'll stop by later

Iris POV
After talking with Zyanne I decided that it would be best if I went home.

As I walked out of the bathroom, I bumped into Teegan. "Hi Iris."

"Hey Teegan, what's up?"

"Nothing really, it's been a while since we talked though. We need to catch up and chill sometime."

"Uh, yeah sure. You have my number, just text me whenever."

"Ight, bye"

I took my time walking through the hallways. I knew when I got home I was going to get an earful from my stepmom, who would call my dad, who was in Virginia serving his last couple of months in the Navy Seals. When I got to the blue double doors that blocked me from my car, I debated whether or not I want to go. I decided I would go get something to eat and I opened to be met with Jermarius, "Going home."

"Yeah."

"Let me drive you."

"I drove," I said as I held up my car keys.

"I know," he took my keys and opened my car door and closed it behind me. He jogged to the drivers side and we drove off. I hadn't realize how tired I was until I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

When I woke up I recognized that I was in Jermarius' room. It's been a while since I've been in his room. I think the last time I was on his room was in 7th grade. Around the time when I started developing my crush on Renegade. I distanced myself from him because they never liked each other, but no matter how far I pushed him he was always there for me.

I stretched and heard paper crush me. After searching, I found a sticky note, 'Went to go get lunch.'

I crumbled up the paper and threw it towards the basket and it went in.

I did my little happy dance and was getting in to it, when I heard laughter behind me. I turned and was met with Jermarius and food. Pizza, marshmallows, white chocolate, pie, cake ice cream, everything.

"Oh God, I love you." I hugged him then went straight for the pizza. I sat on his bed and tore through the pizza. I had gotten to the 3rd box when I felt the bed dip and saw him making himself comfortable. When I finished I thanked him and layed my head on his chest.

"So... Your birthday's coming up."

"Yeah."

"What do you plan on doing?"

"Chill. Maybe take you out to dinner."

"But it's your birthday. If anything I should be treating you."

"Yeah, but you never let me do any thing serious for you, so I want that."

"To take me to an expensive dinner?"

"No-,"

"Ok good. 'Cause I though you was for real ab-,"

"I want to buy you an expensive outfit, so I can take you to an expensive dinner."

I sat up so I could glare at him, "Just think about it, ok."

"No," and I turned around and pouted like a child. "I'll only go only if I get to plan the rest of that night."

"Ight, fine."

I spent the night at Jermarius and was woken up early the next morning by Jermarius' waking me up.

"Your stepmother called. I told her you spent the night. Next time tell her, so I don't have to deal with her craziness."

"Yes mommy Evey."

She left and I set an alarm on, then snuggled deeper into Jermarius' chest.

My alarm woke me up and I took my time getting ready, then made my way to C.L. Jacobs High School.

Upon arriving, the students were piling out like roaches. I looked around for Zyanne and gave up once I didn't see her. I was about to call her, when I noticed her perched on Logan's car sucking face. Pulling up to the side of the car, I honked my horn and watched as she nearly fell of the car.

When she noticed it was me, she looked livid. She exchanged another honk worthy kiss and stomped her way to the car, yanked the door open, and slammed it shut.

"Do you realize you could have given me a heart attack? I could have died."

"Well, you didn't. So be happy,"I replied and drove off to the mall.

I think we spent maybe 3-4 hours picking out our outfits to perfection.

I dropped Zyanne at Logan's house, but had tp take a detour home because there was a huge accident that blocked both sides of the road. I sent a quick prayer for whoever was involved and went on my way.

***********************************

Updates are every other Tuesday. Vote, Comment, Share.