Chapter 7

I got in the passenger side of the car expecting my dad, but was greeted by a "who was that?" From my older brother De'Andre.

"You know a simple 'Hi' would been a great greeting.

"I'm not repeating myself."

"She's a friend."

"A friend?"

"Yes."

"In Jail?"

"Well, I'd like to think so. She saved me from getting an a$$ whopping."

"Well, if you say so." There was a long silence before he started talking again. "If I were you I'd get some rest 'cause you have a long day ahead of you."

"What do you mean?" He just put the music up and ignored me. So I rested my head against the window and drifted off to sleep.
*.         *.         *.         *.         *.         *.

I was shaken awake by De'Andre when we arrived

I was shaken awake by De'Andre when we arrived. I was a little shaken back when I saw Renegade's car in the driveway looking way worse then it did before. "Why is that car here?"
He didn't response. He just got out of the car. "Dre! Dre! Are you not going to answer me?"

He unlocked the front door, walking in and leaving it wide open.

I slammed his car door and stomped my way to the front door, slamming it behind me. "Daddy, Daddy?"

"I'm in the living room."

"Daddy? Why is that car in the driveway?"
I finished my sentence right as I stopped in the living room doorway and saw my dad. Alongside him was Renegade and his parents.

"Well that answers that question. Well, I just wanted you to know I'm home. I'm going to go take a shower now."

"Come take a sit."

"Are you serious? I spent two days in a cell and I can't even take a shower?"

"You will after we have a little talk with the Martin family." I sighed as I took a seat next to my father as he continued his conversation. I guess I blacked out because my father was now calling my name.

"Yes."

"I said what would lead you to do something like that?"

"Well me and him had sex. The same night his brother died. He said he needed comfort. That he needed me. And then he video taped it. I don't know how I didn't notice. Can you believe I didn't notice and then he put the video out not only on social media but he put it on the screen so the school could watch and humiliate me as it happened. And now I'm suppose to act like it doesn't hurt, like it doesn't. And what is my punishment probably life in prison. What is his problem? His car is fucked up. Oh big deal. My whole life is over. I'm not going to graduate high school nor am I going to college. And he no longer has a ride and that's the problem."

"That's not the problem. The problem is that you took the matter into your own hands and now you pay for it. Your going to have to get a job, but what's needed to fix the car, then put it in yourself."

"Are you serious? Why can't they just buy a new car."

"Because-"

"Because we already have multiple expenses to cover. And You won't be the only one on punishment. Renegade and you will be working in my law office and you will bought pay back expenses for the damage done." His mother had cut in.

"OMG! You can't be serious. I'm going to work in a law office."

"Yes, but as my secretary."

"Yes!" This the best thing that has come out of all of this." Im so excited and so happy."

And on top of that every pay check he makes goes to me so I can get this over faster. I ran upstairs and took the longest shower ever.

Then I took a nap ready to go showing for my new job tomorrow.