"What's up guys.." Manik said coolly and Navya, Aliya and Nandini turned to see him standing behind them with Dhruv and Cabir.. Navya smiled at the two, ignoring Cabir, yet again..

"Nothing much.. We were just talking about mukti and Maddie.. They look good together, no.." Aliya said pointing at the duo, swaying with the beats, lost in each other...

"Yeah.. Mukti seems to be happy.." Dhruv said looking at her..

"Guys.. This party is getting boring..How about all of us move to the dance floor??" Manik said wrapping his arm around Nandini's shoulders and nudged Cabir, standing by his side to talk to Navya..

"Yeah.. Such a nice song is playing.. We should dance.. Right Cabir??" Dhruv too gestured Cabir to talk to her..

"Umm yeah..wo wo I was saying witc...ouch.." Cabir shouted suddenly taking everyone by surprise..

Cabir was about to call Navya as witchy when Manik stomped on his foot and glared at him, making him realize his mistake.. But as a reflex, he yelped in pain and everyone looked at him in confusion.. But Navya still didn't give up on her resolve and didn't spare him a look..

"What happened Cabir??" Nandini asked him..

"Nothing.. Umm..yeah.. Mosquito.. A mosquito bit me.." Cabir said glaring at Manik..

"Mosquito???" Aliya frowned..

"Aliya leave it na.." Manik tried to divert the topic.. "Cabir, you were saying something, right??" Manik again coaxed him..

"Yeah.." Cabir looked at Navya.. "Na na Nandini.." He stuttered and suddenly turned towards Nandini.. "Can I have a dance with you??" He blurted out without realizing, nervousness taking a toll on him..

This one statement earned him different expressions from everyone..  Aliya was confused, Dhruv gave him a look of disapproval and Nandini had quite an unsure look on her face..Navya, who knew exactly what happened, chuckled to herself and spared him a glance of pity.. Cabir, who caught her looking at him like this, frowned in confusion.. But as he turned to look at Manik, he could decipher the reason behind her pity.. Manik was shooting daggers at him and Cabir gulped in fear.. Their silent conversation was broken by Nandini..

"Yeah sure..." Nandini accepted out of courtesy and Manik looked at her in disbelief..

"What sure, haan?? Why would you dance with him??" He asked her angrily and turned towards Cabir.. "Dude.. She is my girlfriend.. You aren't supposed to ask her for a dance.. I am there for that.." He almost yelled at Cabir and Navya giggled at this..

"Calm down Manik... It's just a dance.." Nandini glared at him and Cabir sighed in relief, thanking her in his mind for having saved him from the monster..

"But.." He started only to be shushed by her glare..

"Come Cabir.." Nandini said moving towards dance floor followed by Cabir, who gave Manik an apologetic look...

"Can I have a dance with this gorgeous lady??" Dhruv asked Aliya forwarding his hand and she happily placed her hand in his..

Manik's eyes followed Cabir and Nandini as they moved to the dance floor.. His hands fistened at his side as Cabir placed his hand on Nandini's waist... At the back of his mind, he knew it wasn't a big deal as it was just Cabir.. But what made him angry was that Nandini agreed for the dance inspite of his disapproval.. Dominance, that was his habit, accompanied with possessiveness was surely a deadly combination.. His thoughts came to an abrupt halt with Navya's voice..

"Since you are not gonna ask me, so lemme do the honours.. Dance??" She asked forwarding her hand and Manik looked at her in surprise..

"What??" She asked... "What's the use of my best friend dating this hot piece of ass if I can't even have a moment with him..." She winked at him and he chuckled, holding her hand..