Chapter-23

Nandini was sitting on her bed thinking about Manik's demand.. Though she told Navya that she had given in, but still somewhere she couldn't make up her mind for this.. She was unsure of this moving in thing... She was unsure of the baggage that would come along with this.. It will be a whole new thing and she was not sure if it would actually prove to be a good step for building up their relationship that was just a few days old..

Not even for a moment had she regretted what they had shared last night because she knew that it was a much needed connection for both of them.. She had given her whole self to him without a second thought.. So there wasn't a question of trust.. She trusted him with all her heart.. But then she wasn't able to pinpoint why exactly she was skeptic about this idea of moving in.. She didn't have an answer to that 'why' herself..

Knowing him, she knew that denying him was not even an option.. He would anyhow have his way.. So she decided to prepare herself mentally for the upcoming changes in her life.. Even the thought gave her jitters.. She was feeling really restless and was no lesser than an emotional wreck right now..

Her running thoughts came to an abrupt halt with the ringing of her phone.. She looked at the screen and even the caller's name was enough to bring a huge smile on her face.. It was indeed a relief at this crucial point of time when she needed a good piece of advice..

"Hey papa.." She spoke ebulliently..

"Hey kiddo.. How are you??" She heard the voice and the sudden surge of emotions took a toll on her..

After the death of her grams, her father was all she had.. Staying away from him killed her but she never let that feeling be surfaced as she didn't want to sadden him.. But today she had no control over her emotions..it was now that he called when she realized how much she missed him.. He was the solution for her every problem.. Now that she was taking an important decision of her life, it couldn't be better to have him by her side..

"I miss you papa.." She said in a choked voice..

And it didn't take her father a second to know that something was wrong with her.. Though she never told him, but he knew how much she missed him.. He knew her in and out.. He was not only a father to her, but a mother too.. He could easily tell that something was off or else she would never behave like this..

"What happened sweetheart?? Are you okay baby?" He asked, worry laced in his voice..

"I am fine papa.. I heard you after so long na..that's why.." She said sniffing..

"You know na you can't lie to me.. Tell me what happened.." He demanded..

"Papa.. How was it being with mumma??" She asked out of the blue...

Her father had a sad smile at the other end.. No matter how long it had been that his wife died, his love for her never decreased.. In fact it increased with every breath he took.. But he gathered himself for his daughter and sighed deeply...

"It was heaven sweetheart.. There is no better place in the world than to be with your love, your soulmate.." He said affectionately and she smiled at this..

"But why is my doll suddenly asking this??" He enquired..

"Papa there is someone I...I.." She trailed off and her father was hell amused sensing his daughter's nervousness..

"Do you love him doll??" He asked calmly..

"Yes papa..I love him a lot.." She said with a smile..

Her father had never restricted her..he was an open minded man... In fact, he was the one who taught her to live freely.. He was more of a friend to his daughter, a teacher who would guide her through all the difficulties of her life.. She knew she could share anything with him.. He was the one who gave her wings.. But no matter how high she flies, he was her home.. He had all the rights to know what was going in her life..