Chapter 2

Lauren POV
I slowly stirred awake during the next day and looked over at the beside table and saw a picture of me and Luke. I decided to wait a few minutes to allow myself to fully wake up.

I laid awake just looking up at the ceiling until I finally decided that I had been laying here for far too long.

I slowly pushed the warm blankets off of my body and sat at the edge of my bed for a moment. I put my hands at the sides of my body and pushed myself up.

I rubbed my eyes and walked out into the hallway seeing that only one light was on. I knitted my eyebrows together, wondering what company she has over.

I let out a quiet sigh and walked into the living space and saw her sitting on the couch with someone. "Emma who's here?"

She turned around and smiled at me,"We have company."

I walked over and saw Ms. Nancy sitting on the couch. I covered my mouth and started to tear up,"I missed you so much."

She spread her arms out, which I gladly filled the space,"I missed you to love."

I was now crying on her small shoulder as I hugged her,"I wasn't expecting you for another few days."

She smiled up at me,"Well my little bunny is not so little anymore." She nodded towards my stomach.

I smiled at her,"Yeah she will hopefully be here soon. I have to start my new job in a few weeks."

She smiled at me and placed her hands together,"Thats lovely." She paused for a moment,"Who will be watching the little one while you are at work?"

"Emma said that she could for a few days and I will take it from there until Luke gets back. For when he goes away we will hire a nanny." I said and she gave me the look that she rarely ever gives.

"Love maybe you should talk to him about retiring now that you two have a little one to look after?" She suggested.

I smiled,"I would love that, but he loves what he does and I can't take that away from him."

"Oh yes dear I understand but this baby is going to need its father and mother around."

"It means a lot to me that they have an important bond but what if she turns out to be a 'daddy's girl'? I won't be able to calm her by myself."

She nodded,"That is why he needs to stay home for a while, or until she is old enough to understand that he has to leave sometimes for a while."

I smiled and as fast as it was there, it was gone. I groaned and grabbed my belly and placed a hand on Emma to keep me sturdy.

"Lauren are you okay?" Emma frantically asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. She just kicked again." I replied through the painful kick.

"Dear you need to sit down and take it easy." Ms. Nancy told me and ushered me so I was sitting down on the couch. She doesn't look like much but let me tell you, that little women is strong.

I sat there and smiled up at them,"See just a kick?"

Ms. Nancy just studied me with her arms crossed,"Dear when did this start?"

"Yesterday?" I questioned and looked at Emma.

Emma nodded her head,"Yeah yesterday before she went to the appointment."

Ms. Nancy smiled so brightly, it took me by surprise,"Dear we need to go. Emma call your mother while we are driving."

I nodded and carefully stood up and walked down the hall,"Dear what are you doing?"