Chapter 11

Camila’s POV

Ally walked back the short distance to the girls coming though the foyer. I went to quickly grab a bottle of water from the fridge, but that’s when I heard something; a voice lower than a whisper. I turned around and saw Lauren kneeling down by the counter I was previously sitting on.

I quietly stood behind her, and lowered my head to hear her mutters. “Look little guy, you witnessed some pretty heated action right there. I know you’re not a stupid kid, I’m sure you could tell how nervous I was,” Lauren looked to side to make sure the girls still hadn’t come and thankfully didn’t notice me once I threw my head back to avoid her contact, “But the girls are coming and I promise not to eat you behind Camz’ back if you promise to keep quiet, okay?” She was whispering to Fluffy and once done, she stayed there, as though she were awaiting a response. “Alright, good talk, good talk,” she uttered, and I couldn’t handle not saying anything once she patted the sandwich reassuringly.

“And I’m the weird one.” I said, hands on hip. I watched as Lauren’s whole entire body jolted in shock. She turned around, and I could’ve sworn I’ve never seen her cheeks redder. “You- y-you weren’t supposed to see th—.”

I laughed as Normani shouting with ecstasy cut her off, “GIRLS NIGHT IN, BITCHES.” Now, the both of us had jumped, and I smiled nervously and swallowed heavily. I was worried they could see a glow on our faces or feel the tension between us, even if we weren’t even interacting. Kind of the same way I could feel it between Vero and Lucy, that one time Lauren introduced us to each other. I giggled to myself at the thought, and I’m guessing the girls thought I was giggling at Normani.

“So what are we watching?” Lauren stepped forward and asked like nothing had happened. Dinah answered with just as much excitement Normani expressed, “What’s Your Number!”

“Aha, a chick-flick at its best.” I said, teasingly quirking a brow.

I knew the girls already assumed Lauren and me were touch-y feel-y, so I was sure they wouldn’t find that different, but the new tension is what I was afraid of.

We walked to the living room, Normani and Dinah walked towards the couch that sat against the side wall, leaving the longer couch facing the T.V empty. Ally was about to follow their lead and sit beside them on the loveseat, but we stopped her. We both looked at her knowingly, gesturing to sit next to us.

She obeyed, but mumbled between clenched teeth, “You don’t have to act like strangers to each other, you know. It just makes it more obvious.”

“She’s right.” Lauren stuck her tongue out, and grabbed me. She pressed her back against the arm of the chair and pulled me to settle in between her legs, but my back facing her. I melted into her hold, feeling her arms circle around me.

“Heeey…” Ally pouted, “Now I feel like a third wheel. I want a cuddle buddy too!” She said the last part a bit too loud, and we worried the other girls would get suspicious, but instead, our worries were put aside as they smirked at one another as though they thought the same idea. Before I knew it, the two girls pounced on Ally, while she laughed and welcomed their open arms.

“Jeez, now we have no room.” Lauren jokingly complained, while all three heads turned her way.

“You two lovebirds can go sit on that couch, we’re three, you’re two…” Dinah perked an eyebrow like it was the obvious answer, “Duh.”

“Good thing they’re airheads,” I mumbled to Lauren as I followed her lead to the loveseat. She laughed and held me the same way she had held me previously.