Chapter 8

After we assigned tasks, we decided to hit the hay. Everyone else was so tired, so it was decided to continue tomorrow; however, I was wide awake. So I decided to walk around New Rome to clear my head. So many things have happened in such a short time. Annabeth's with Luke now, the underworld is in chaos,and to top it all off my mother disappears. Nice. Real nice.

I sat down by a fountain the stood in the middle of the square. It lights glowing dimly, giving the water a feeling of magic. At the top of it, stood a large statue, most likely of a god or goddess, but it's a bit too dark for me to make out which one. I can take a wild guess and say it's not my dad, I mean he isn't really popular with the Romans.

I decided to go to the river I first saw when I came here with Juno or Hera. If I wanted to really clear my head I needed to be in the water. I was halfway there when I sensed that I was being followed. I turned around, but no one was there. However, when I turned back around Nico appeared out of thin air. I screamed loud enough for all of New Rome to hear me.

"Nico! Why did ya scare me?" I whispered angrily, although I have no idea why I'm whispering. There is no one around, at least not that I could see.

"Shut up and follow me!" he said dragging me towards the river.

"What? Why?" He didn't answer, just kept on walking. I pulled my hand out of his. "Answer me!" The water in the river was starting to get restless. I was not happy. He looked at me then at the river and sighed.

"Fine. My father wants to see you. He thinks that you're the only one that can stop Pirithous from meeting with his friend."

"Friend?" I echoed.

"Yes. Pirithous is going to meet with Eros."

******Author's Note******

Word Count: 341

Goal for next chapter: 500

Hello, my little fairies! I'm backkkkkk with another amazing chapter(I hope so).  I am soooooo sorry for not updating in forever. However, I will have another update by the end of this month, hopefully longer than this. I promise!  So how is Eros fitting into all this? I have no idea, but he is gonna do some bad stuff... hehe. Anyways here's another chapter! I worked hard so I hope you guys enjoy it. Please tell me what you guys think. And remember to

COMMENT, VOTE, ADD TO LIBARY, and SHARE it with the world!!!!

Insignia Out!