Chasing 29- "One Saturday Night"

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

 NON-EDITED CHAPTER!

Hey guys! So, this is another filler chapter. Hope you’ll enjoy reading this because when I re-read it, It was like  I wanna say to myself----LOSER. Hahaha! =))) 

Check the Lovely Picture of Gabby on the side! ;-)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

                                            Chasing 29

                                            ~GABBY~

“Gabs! Come join us! You’ll love it here. The water is warm” Paige yelled, waving her hand at me.

I smiled and shook my head. “Nah…later!” I yelled back.

It was almost 5:30 in the afternoon and I was sitting contentedly in the white sand, enjoying the breathtaking view in front of me. The sunset looked so beautiful and the sparkling emerald water was really beyond amazing. Today is Saturday and we decided to have a little beach party and it was Mom’s idea.

Cody turned to me grinning. “Still scared to swim?” Cody teased.

“Definitely not!” I paused. “Told you guys, later. I’m still waiting for Dad” I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

“Your dad or your boyfriend?” Cody smirked.

“Whatever Cody” I mocked.

Speaking of Dad, it had been three weeks since my heart-to-heart talk with him and I’m glad we’re getting along easily. Dad was so caring, thoughtful, and loving father. He kept his promise; he was really trying his best becoming a dutiful father; I was totally right about him: Peter, he was really cool in a dad way.

Day by day, he was calling me just to say ‘hi’ and telling me how much he cares for me. He was also visiting me at Paige’s twice or thrice a week; of course usually he’s with Jaden, accompanying him as he’s still his trustworthy bodyguard.

Huh! Poor Jaden!

At first it was awkward, but Jaden and Dad had this man-to-man talk regarding me and I can say that everything’s falling into place.  Dad said that I’m already a grown woman and I have to be responsible with my actions.  

My Mom on the other hand was still playing the ‘hard to get’ scheme. Typical woman huh? The way I see it, I could tell, Mom and Dad still love each other; and I think, it had always been Dad. I mean sure, Mom loved Tito Conor before but Dad’s different story.

When Mom was looking at Dad, there was pure love in her eyes which shone dazzlingly between them. 

And Alec? Yeah, we’re friends.

Strange isn’t it? Honestly, it wasn’t bad after all. I think the saying ‘first impressions last’ isn’t true at all. I think I misjudged Alec. Yes, he was a conceited jerk’ but after my regular interaction with him, it turns out that inside of him, he was a nice person.