Chasing 28 - "Acceptance & Forgiveness"

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

                            Check the picture of PETER on the side :-)

                           ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

                                       Chasing 28

                                        ~GABBY~

I was in no way prepared for this. I mean I waited for 24 long years, longing for my Dad, wanting to see him, know him, be with him, but I wasn’t expecting that this thing was actually happening right now.

Over and over again, I had visualized this situation and I thought I could handle this easily, I guess I was wrong. Right now, I had mixed emotions: shock, disbelief, happy? But to be honest, happiness was taking over as the dominant emotion in my body.

Did I hear it right?

Peter is my biological father? He’s my Dad? 

I waited for this. I was looking for my father over the years and all the while he’s just within my reach? How ironic right?

There was a deafening silence. All eyes were focused on me as I slowly realized exactly what my Mom said. I’m literally having a hard time processing her words.

The stream of feelings and mixed emotions that seemed to completely drown out everything around me when Mom uttered those words was unexplainable.

I felt happy but at the same time confused?

I was frozen in my seat, couldn’t find any courage to move a single muscle and literally didn’t know what to say. All I could do was stared like a stupid idiot up at Peter.

I felt my heart practically stopped from beating, if that could be possible. 24 years, 24 years of so many nights that I had wished of seeing my father, wishing I could meet him even in my dreams.

Now he’s in front of me, what was I going to do?

I gulped trying to remain calm and cool. I felt my hands shaking slightly. I cleared my throat and pulled myself together.

“H-He’s my f-father?” I stuttered, flicking my eyes to Peter. I watched his face as he stared back at me shock.

Ok, at least I wasn’t the only one.  Actually, shock was understatement to describe Peter’s facial expression. He was beyond shock. Well, who would have thought that the bodyguard of Jaden was actually my father?

Peter shot Mom with a questioning look, seems like he didn’t know anything about me at all. I could tell by the look on his face, he was totally clueless. 

“Wait” I mumbled lifting my hand up, palm restraining. “How did-, I mean you two, Oh God“I stuttered, shaking my head.