Never Leave You

Note: Well the premiere of Season 7 was...devastating and tbh, I was so upset when I watched it, I almost cut it off halfway through cause it was so painful to watch. My poor baby Glenn :"( But as promised, here's a new chapter for the new season...

I had cried so much, there were no more tears left to cry...but I still felt empty inside. Like someone had just ripped my beating heart out of my chest. I had grown so close to Glenn and Abraham - they had been like older brothers to me. They were family. And that's something I had thought I'd lost long ago...and now they were gone. And it wasn't like the other times when they always came back...

This time, they would never come back... I sniffled quietly as Negan walked around the group of us still kneeling on the ground. My boyfriend, Carl, was kneeling next to me. All that I wanted in that moment was to hold his hand - touch his skin - but I couldn't. Not with Negan watching. He couldn't know we were together.

Suddenly, he turned his dark gaze on Carl.

"Kid, right here," he said, pointing to the ground in front of him with 'Lucille".

He waited a second but Carl didn't move an inch.

"Kid...now," he demanded.

Hesitantly, Carl got up off of the ground. I made a slight sound of protest but he shot me a look, silencing me. Making a scene wouldn't accomplish anything. It would only get more people hurt. Maybe if he went willingly, Negan would go easy on him. At least, I hoped that he would.

Rick looked up as Carl came to stand in front of Negan.

"You a southpaw?" he interrogated him, taking off his belt.

"Am I a what?" Carl asked him, confused.

"You a lefty?" he clarified.

He waited a minute before answering him, "No."

Smiling, Negan arched his eyebrows.

"Good," he smiled as he began to wrap the belt around Carl's upper arm.

My heart pounded in my chest and a sinking feeling started in my stomach. Oh, no. Please, no. Someone tell me this isn't what I think it is, I thought to myself.

"That hurt?"

"No,"

"It should," Negan grinned, "It's supposed to,"

"Alright. Get down on the ground, kid. Next to Daddy," he continued, "Spread them wings,"

Negan threw his Sheriff's hat to the ground as Carl lied down on the ground. I briefly squeezed my eyes shut. My fear began to rise and it was becoming harder to breathe. What was he about do to him?!

"Simon, you got a pen?"

The man called Simon looked at Negan and nodded, "Yeah,"

He dug around in his pocket before handing him a white marker. Negan leaned down and made a mark below Carl's elbow. My heart raced and in my head, I pleaded with him to stop this insanity.

"There you go. Gives you a little leverage..."

Beside him, Rick moved around in the dirt, glancing up from time to time.

"Please, please. Please don't...please don't," he said, quietly.

"Me? I ain't doing it," Negan chuckled, getting up off the ground, "Rick, I want you to take your ax cut your son's left arm off, right on that line,"

I let out a whimper and suddenly, a hand clamped onto my arm. I looked to my right and saw Michonne, her hand gripped onto my forearm. She nodded silently to me and I knew she was trying to help me to not make a mistake. This man was unpredictable. We couldn't afford any more mistakes today, I thought to myself glumly, thinking of Daryl's outburst earlier.