Stay Alive - Reprise (Valdez Family)

This one could be sad

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Where is she? Where's my daughter?"

"Are you Mr. Valdez?"

"Phillipa! Phillipa!"

"Sir!" They were in the street, people looking around in terror. "Sir, please! We need you to calm down."

"I need to see her." The man, Leo assumed he was the bartender, stopped for a minute.

"Okay, this way." A bar fight. A fucking bar fight. He saw his daughter, black hair everywhere, laid out on the bar as a man sat in the corner and cowered.

"Is that-"

"Yes, but he's being taken care of. The police are close." Leo turned back to his daughter as she panted.

"Pip."

"Daddy." She looked terrified. He knew she was. She'd only call him that when she was scared. "Where's..."

"Percy's on his way, baby. He's coming." He smoothed her hair as he saw the hole in her sweatshirt.

"I d-did what you taught me. When I was f-five." She chuckled and grimaced in pain. "Went for his face. Didn't realize the glass was as low as it was."

"But why, sweetie?"

"He insulted you." Her father stopped and stared at her.

"I thought-"

"What you did was shit, but I still love you." She drew in a shaky breath.

"Hey, hey. Save your strength baby."

"Phillipa!" Percy. "Phillipa!" He barreled in the bar and all but pushed Leo out of the way. He had tears all down his face as he stared at his daughter's stomach. "Who... Who did this? Leo, did you know she'd be here tonight?!" He glared at his husband in hatred.

Of course he did. That was his other car she drove in.

"Dad." Phillips grabbed his hand and pulled his attention back to her. "Dad, this is my fault."

"No, baby." He smoothed her hair and more tears fell. "It was-"

"Mine," she said. "I forget what you taught me. Use my words instead of using my fists."

"Baby, you did fine." He kissed her forehead. "Just save your strength."

It was silent for a moment. "Remember when we played piano? When I was younger."

"Yeah," Percy said in a chuckle. "I'd have to put my hands over yours."

"And I'd still change a line." A breathy laugh came from Phillipa.

"You always would."

More silence. "Un, Deux, Trois..." She was counting. In French. Like they would.

"Good. Now backwards." A sliver of the old family came back.

Until they got to three. Pip's eyes glossed over. Percy stopped and stared at her. "Phillipa? Pippa?" More tears fell. "Phillipa!" He was screaming in between his tears while Leo tried to pull him away, tears in his eyes as well.

"Percy, baby. Come on." He got her off her hand but he continued to scream. "Percy. Listen to me." He turned his husband around and hugged him. "I'm here baby."

They cried, Percy in Leo's arms. For about an hour. The paramedics had come and gone.

They weren't a family anymore. A full one, anyway.

<>

Save your strength and stay alive

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well

Two more

Smiles! ❤️❤️❤️