The Cursed Reincarnation

Start from the beginning

"But why would she give me this? Are we in danger?"

Both Jazz and Draver let loose a low snarl, both their hands coming to grip my thigh. 

"That isn't going to happen." Draver growled, and for a moment his angry expression looked almost...lupine.

Lorena crossed her arms and leaned back into her chair. "Unfortunately, you don't get to choose that. I know better than most that you have to follow the path of the Moon Goddess, no matter what the cost."

I could see the pained expression flicker across her face- no doubt thinking of her daughter Iris.

Lux broke the silence we all fell into, her damp shirt over her swimsuit clinging to her as she shoved herself over the edge of the pool onto the cement. Over the lip of the pool, the water seemed to be bubbling?

Stark yanked Lux to her feet, shoving her behind him as a figure rose through the now-steaming water. The figure, as it rose, seemed untouched by the water save for the slick skin. Time seemed to halt around him, and when I looked around I noticed that everyone was locked within a cage of water that sparked when touched. 

"Gesu Cristo,"  I murmured when I turned my head back and stormy green eyes narrowed on mine. 

I was instantly captivated, my heart caught in my throat as this figure of immense power gift wrapped in a black trench coat made its way to me.

Black, shoulder length hair and irises so fluorescent that it almost burned to look upon had approached me. 

"At long last we meet, Faye McAllister."

My throat burned, an almost parched feeling as I rasped out the next words. "Do I know you?"

The smile- half dangerous, half knowing- had my knees close to buckling. "We haven't met formally, no. I am Poseidon, god of the seas."

I zipped my lips shut, knowing better than to babble on. I got the same vibe of ethereal lethality that I absorbed from the Moon Goddess, Artemis.

The god of the Sea was incredibly handsome. But his eyes were torn, like the calm before the storm. "I've come to warn you."

I swallowed audibly. "Warn me of what?"

"A great danger comes your way. You'll get help from the others, but know that when the time comes we cannot save you- only you can save yourself."

I took in a shaky breath. "Who are the others?"

A smirk graced his face. "You're the mythology expert- you tell me."

My face paled and my heart rate jumped. "The rest of the Olympians."

Poseidon did his little half smile before reaching into the pocket of his trench coat and handed me a pearl. "Hold onto this. When you're in trouble, pop this in your mouth and whisper my name. I'll send reinforcements to your add. The moment they come, the pearl will dissolve. Keep in mind that you can only use this once, Faye McAllister."

"What about Jazz and Draver? Don't they get anything to help them?"

He narrowed his eyes at the twins over this shoulder, particular scowling at Draver. "They don't need protecting. The creature that comes is not hunting them, but you. Besides, I've witnessed the power that Artemis' prized twins have. She's always had a soft spot for them, letting them run amok and wreak havoc. They're perfectly capable of handling themselves. Serves them right for Artemis finally putting them in their place with the curse placed on you."

I caught onto that last part like it was my lifeline. "Curse? What curse?"

Poseidon's smile was now bitter. "My apologizes, sweet. I'm not at liberty to reveal all. This is Artemis' story to tell- or more over play out. Try to survive these trials- I'm betting a lot of sand dollars on you."