Vera Lestrange [MPHFPC]

Okay MPHFPC stands for Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children.

Name: Vera Lestrange

Age: Fifteen... kind of. Due to being part of a loop, she couldn't age. She arrived to Miss Peregrine's loop in 1940.

Birthdate: October 17, 1925

Place Of Birth: Great Britain

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Bisexual

Species: Peculiar

Good/Bad: Vera is technically good, she isn't a wight, hollowgast (obviously), or any evil kind of peculiar. But she isn't that great of a person, if you catch my drift.

Appearance: Vera has ginger hair that's naturally in light waves which aren't too defined, she has pale skin and freckles, her eyes are a brown/Hazel color. She's 5'5.

 She's 5'5

Personality: Vera, though appearing loving and kind isn't much of that

Personality: Vera, though appearing loving and kind isn't much of that. Though she used to be. She's somewhat dark- not as much as Enoch though, no, she has her own side, she loves to be mysterious and usually keeps to herself and is antisocial for the most part. She enjoys scaring people, hence her jealousy of Millard's peculiarity. But nevertheless, she's still great at it. She doesn't like pranking that much as it is a joke, she doesn't like to joke around much. She's pretty serious and a bit sadistic. She has a cruel and dark sense of humor and is quite easy to anger. She's occasionally playful but that's rare. She's straight-forward and not at all dense. She's intelligent and is a bit overly confident and is somewhat bossy when she has to work on plans of any sort though she isn't very social. But Vera was quite different before. Before, she was kind, loving, and playful. She was genuine and joked around a lot, never taking a single thing seriously- up until joining Miss Peregrine's loop. She liked to annoy people just for the fun of it, she was reckless and a bit of a rebel- in a friendly way. Though her personality makes her appear to be evil, she's a good person with good intentions, but after everything, she doesn't take the time to try being like her old self.

Loop/Home: Miss Peregrine's. Though she belonged to a different home/loop, it was destroyed by wights & hollowgasts a few months after her arrival, so she went to Miss Peregrine's after she had escaped.

Peculiarity: Vera has something like, Fear Manipulation. It allows her to access the mind's of others to seek out their fears. Though it's very hard to do if the other one is able to block her out of their mind- in which they can try to resist, though Vera's had plenty of time to practice. When she knows another's fear(s), she's able to make them a reality, though they will only be an illusion, if someone's afraid of water, she can use that, though it won't actually affect the life or death of one. For example, she can 'drown' someone if that's one of their fears, they will feel everything someone experiences when drowning though they won't die, at most, they will be knocked unconscious which won't be he case every time. It's like that too with any other fear that involves killing or pain, but it won't actually kill anything. This is one of the reasons why she loves scaring others.

Family: Adelaide Lestrange, her oldest sister that she calls Lai (Leigh), her slightly older sister, Lucille Lestrange. Her parents, Lawrence and Ethel- though she long since stopped thinking about them, her hate faded long ago. They're dead now (along with her sisters) Adelaide and Lucille were not peculiars.

Best Friend(s): Victor Bruntley (before his death), Matthew Macmillan (before his death), Esme Gardner (before her death).

Friends: Victor Bruntley (before his death, currently; none though enjoys being around Bronwyn Bruntley. Esme Gardner (before her death), Matthew Macmillan (before his death)

Likes: Vera enjoys writing, singing, baking, scaring others, and anything that keeps her busy and that gives almost no one the opportunity to approach her though she doesn't do things all the time.

Dislikes: Engaging in boring conversations, though her favorite conversations are always with Bronwyn or Enoch- formerly Victor. She hates anyone that's over the top cheesy or optimistic- though optimism is good, it gets annoying when it's too much.

Love Interest: Victor Bruntley (formerly), and currently, none.

Background: Vera was born in Great Britain, and that was where she was raised, so she has a slight British accent, but it isn't very heavy for various reasons. She spent around fourteen years there before her family sent her away- mainly her parents, of course those that are strange don't really fit in. It took a few months to get to Miss Passerine's (that's a type of bird by the way...). Vera became close friends with Matthew, a boy around her age along with Esme. But only months after becoming acquainted with everyone, their location was discovered and hence, an attack was performed. It was quite a horrific event, especially since she could only see the hollows if she could see their shadows, she mainly got out by pure luck, since she just hadn't been with the majority of others at the time. Matthew died, she only found out because she accidentally stepped on his body. Esme died too, but unlike Matthew, she was killed by a wight and Vera had saw. Vera along with one other peculiar escaped though they had went different paths. Months later, she arrived at Miss Peregrine's and resided there from then on. She never became truly great friends with all of them. She became acquainted with most though she considered Victor to be her best friend, she had liked being around him. But, of course, he wanted to leave, Vera would try and convince him, but she didn't want to keep him somewhere he didn't want to stay. She hadn't understood his reasoning for leaving though and later realized the lack of pestering him was a big mistake, because not long after he left, he was found dead. Everyone was aware that a hollowgast killed him. And from that day on, Vera changed, after all, it's not that often that your three closest friends are murdered.

Other: Vera keeps a large book of photographs, unlike Miss Peregrine's book, it includes simple pictures of her old life with her family, life back at Miss Passerine's, and even life at Miss Peregrine's though she stopped taking pictures after Victor died. But she still likes to look at them, each exhibit others' peculiarities and many photos just of them interacting or living their everyday lives. Each photo has a caption for it, the leftover blank space on the page serves for writing a bit about what's going on in the picture and about the person or people.

Theme Song: Silhouettes || Of Monsters and Men